Registration Assistants Job at United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Registration Assistants (Fresher UN Diploma Jobs)
Location: Off Mackenzie Vale kampala
Industry: REGISTRATION ASSISTANT
Occupational Category: The Registration Assistant, Application
Description: United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) About US: The Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees was established on December 14, 1950 by the United Nations General Assembly. UNHCR’s mandate under the Statute of the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees is to lead and co-ordinate action for international protection to refugees; seek permanent solutions for the problems of refugees and safeguard refugee rights and well-being. UNHCR has an additional mandate concerning issues of statelessness, as it is given a designated role under Article 11 of the 1961 Convention on the Reduction of Statelessness. Job Summary: The Registration Assistant is a member of the registration team and is supervised by the Registration Officer who provides the incumbent with regular guidance and support. The incumbent is responsible for supporting all activities related to registration, which may also include functions related to reception, filing and data management. S/he responds to queries from asylum seekers and refugees regarding UNHCR’s registration procedures and their rights and entitlements. The Registration Assistant liaises with protection staff and partners to ensure timely identification and referral of persons of concern for protection follow up and may provide interpretation and/or translation services in cases for which s/he has the required language competencies. Contacts are mainly with the colleagues in the same duty station to exchange information and to discuss the work plans. External contacts are not frequent. In the Field locations, under supervision of the manager, the incumbent may play a liaison role with the national and local authorities for gathering and exchange of data
- Assist in the implementation of UNHCR registration strategies and methodologies for populations of concern
- Assist in implementation of Registration Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in accordance with relevant standards and policies
- Assist in the monitoring and daily running of registration activities by OPM and individual case management activities by UNHCR where required
- Conduct registration interviews in accordance with local SOPs and registration standards.
- Respond to queries from asylum seekers and refugees regarding UNHCR’s registration procedures and their rights and entitlements.
- Maintain accurate and up-to date records and data related to all individual registration cases.
- Identify persons with specific needs and ensure timely referral to protection follow-up as required.
- Collaborate with protection staff and/or partners in the delivery of assistance and programming, including provision of identity and entitlement documentation
- Draft correspondence and reports relating to registration activities in the operation
- Act as interpreter and translator when needed.
- Refer cases to other units within the office and to implementing partners as necessary.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- The ideal candidate for the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) Registration Assistant job placement should have completed High School Diploma; or Bachelor or equivalent or higher Certificates and/or Licenses in Computer Science, Statistics, Economics, Business Administration, Information Management, Information Technology or related fields is required.
- One year of relevant experience is required.
- Experience working with identity management software of database is required.
- Good knowledge of handling confidential and statistical data is required.
- Good computer skills, particularly in data entry and management is required.
- Analytical thinking
- Technological awareness
- Planning, organizing and adaptation to work under pressure
- Negotiation and respect for cultural diversity
- Political awareness
- Working knowledge of English is required.
- Experience in training is desirable.
- Basic knowledge of the principles of protection, registration and assistance to asylum seekers, refugees and other persons of concern is desirable.
How to Apply: All interested Ugandan nationals who wish to join the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to click on the link below and follow the application instructions after reviewing the job details. Click Here
Date Posted: 2021-4-27