Epidemic Control Program Officer at THPS November, 2021
thps jobs september 2021, nafasi za kazi thps, ajira thps, epidemic control program officer jobs, thps jobs october 2021, thps jobs 2021, thps jobs tanzania, thps tanzania jobs, thps tanzania jobs vacancy
Tanzania Health Promotion Support (THPS) is an indigenous NGO established under non-governmental organization act No 24 of 2002 in 2011. THPS works in partnership with the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC) and Regional Administration and Local Government (PORALG), The Ministry of Home Affairs (MoHA) and Ministry of Health (MoH) in Zanzibar with a goal of ensuring accessible high-quality health care services to Tanzanians; through strengthening of health and community systems for comprehensive quality health services including HIV/AIDS; Tuberculosis; prevention of GBV; reproductive, maternal, neonatal, child, and adolescent health (RMNHCAH) services; laboratory and health management information systems (HIMS).
THPS, has been awarded by CDC/PEPFAR to implement the five (5) years project AFYA HATUA (Sustain Treatment, Enrolment and HIV Prevention- STEP). Through AFYA HATUA, THPS will deliver client centered, comprehensive facility and community-based HIV prevention, care, and treatment services for general, key and vulnerable populations in Pwani, Kigoma and Shinyanga regions, and contribute to the country’s epidemic control. Based on the Government of Tanzania’s (GoT) National Multisectoral Strategic Framework (NMSF) IV, Health Sector HIV Strategic Plan (HSHSP) IV, and PEPFAR COP21 priorities, AFYA HATUA will extend best practices and lessons learned from THPS’s 10+ years of implementing HIV programs in Tanzania. THPS will partner with all LGAs in the 3 regions, faith-based health facilities, and community-based, key population (KP)-led organizations to achieve the project goals.
THPS is currently seeking highly experienced, committed and motivated Tanzanians to fill in vacant
positions for AFYA HATUA project in Dar es salaam HQ, and Shinyanga Regions:
Job Title: Epidemic Control Program Officer
Reports to: Adult Care and Treatment Technical Advisor
Position Location: Dar es Salaam with 50 % field travel
The Epidemic Control PO provides technical leadership and oversight on all COVID 19 Epidemic issues including: infection prevention and control (IPC) measures to protect health facility staff at supported sites, work with R/CHMTs to support for vaccine rollout planning and dissemination to health care workers, PLHIV, peer educators, community volunteers and COVID-19 case management. S/He will also work with Regional Program managers to expand community ART distribution so as to minimize stable clients’ contact with health facilities. (HFs) S/He will provide substantive technical direction on COVID 19 response to other field based THPS staff, key stakeholders at regional, local government authorities, civil society organizations including community-based organizations.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead and oversee the implementation of infection prevention and control at all supported health facilities in Pwani, Kigoma and Shinyanga Regions
- Work with R/CHMTs to translate the COVID Vaccine Acceleration Plan to the level of the facilities
- Provide functional and timely input in the implementation of COVID 19 Vaccine roll out plan across the regions in collaboration with RHMTs and THPS field staff.
- Facilitate provision of health education on COVID 19 vaccine; in and out of HFs.
- Facilitate planning and implementation of community outreach for COVID 19 vaccination.
- Provide technical support on integration of COVID Vaccination at all CTCs and specialized clinics at supported HFs
- Provide technical support to regional and district immunization and vaccination officers (RIVO, DIVO) on development of various standard operating procedures such as how to receive, store and handle vaccines, how to prepare and administer vaccines, and vaccine contraindications and precautions
- Develop and institute a system of active and passive reporting of COVID vaccine related Adverse Events (AEs)
- Support distribution of IEC materials, job aides and brochures to guide vaccine administrators and inform health care workers on benefits and potential side effects of the vaccines
- Implement capacity building of HCWs working at the facility and CTC clinics to manage critical and severe COVID-19 cases.
- Develop a Critical Care Training Plan to ensure a HCWs have been trained to reduce morbidity and mortality, including delivering oxygen therapy for hospitalized patients with severe disease as well as those who will require ventilation.
- Assess and monitor oxygen supply availability at supported HFs and coordinate oxygen delivery equipment/accessories, and proper training on oxygen therapy especially at larger health facilities
- Work with SI team to create a system to track vaccine distribution, administration, uptake, and any side effects; and
- Ensure continuous weekly monitoring and evaluation to review data to understand progress, areas of challenges and deploy remediation activities.
- Work with Regional managers to implement capacity building to HCWs and volunteers to deliver community ART services safely and efficiently per MOHCDGEC guidelines;
- Ensure timely community ARV refills and appropriate reporting, monitoring; evaluation of community ART services and scale up MMD for children and adolescents
- Implement community demand creation on HIV and COVID-19 services
- Work with Retention teams to implement aggressive tracking strategies on missed appointments, defaulters, and clients who are lost to follow up
- Scale up peer support models, including introduction of a “virtual” mentor mother model.
- Coordinate, prepare and submit weekly performance review of vaccine uptake progress
- Perform others duties assigned by the supervisor
Qualifications, Experience & Skills required
- Medical Doctor or equivalent in a recognized Institution
- Master’s Degree in Public Health or other relevant advanced degree is an added advantage
- At least 3 years’ experience working in infectious disease epidemic response
- Demonstrated experience of working with R/CHMTs
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and proven ability to lead a multi-disciplinary team.
How to apply;
Interested applicants should send an email [email protected] attaching their application cover letter one page maximum and CV four pages maximum by November 28th 2021 with a position title as a subject line, for example:”Epidemic Control Program Officer”.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Please do not attach any certificates when submitting online.
THPS is an equal opportunity employer; women, people living with HIV/AIDS and people living with disability are encouraged to apply.