Community Liaison and Engagement Officer Jobs at Mwanza Intervention Trials Unit (MITU) December 2021
community liaison and engagement officer jobs mwanza, community liaison and engagement officer jobs tanzania, mitu mwanza, nimr apply online, nimri jobs, nimr covid, nimr mwanza location, nimr muhimbili research centre, national medical research institute, nathrec, hotel jobs in mwanza tanzania, part time jobs in mwanza 2020, ngo jobs in mwanza, volunteer jobs in mwanza, part time job in mwanza, nafasi za kazi ilemela, part time jobs in mwanza 2021, teaching jobs in mwanza
The Mwanza Intervention Trials Unit (MITU) based at the National Institute for Medical Research campus in Mwanza, Tanzania is a collaborative research unit of the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine and the National Institute for Medical Research. The mission of the Mwanza Intervention Trials Unit is to contribute to improving health through the development and evaluation of interventions against HIV and other health problems by conducting research, including clinical trials, to the highest international standards; to enhance the capacity to carry out such research in Tanzania and the East African region; and to contribute to the translation of research findings into health policy. MITU is currently collaborating with other international research partners to implement a trial evaluating a single-dose of the human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine in males to reduce population prevalence of HPV. A large-scale community-based survey will be conducted as part of this trial, and the Unit is now inviting applications from highly motivated and suitably qualified candidates to fill the following position:
Position: Community Liaison and Engagement Officer (1 Position Available)
- Working closely with local government and community leaders to obtain support for the trial.
- Arranging and attending meetings with community leaders.
- Establishing and liaising with Community Advisory Boards.
- At least a diploma in community development studies or related field.
- Extensive experience of working closely with community leaders as part of a health intervention or clinical trial.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Swahili.
Mode of application:
Please see https://mitu.or.tz/career/ for more detailed requirements for these positions.
- Interested applicants should submit a letter of application together with their CV and copies of all relevant certificates, memberships and qualifications to [email protected] no later than 23 December 2021.
- The applicants should clearly state the job title for which they are applying in the subject line of the email.
- Paper applications will not be accepted.
Successful applicants for all positions must be willing to be based in Mwanza for work activities and be willing to travel extensively in the Lake Zone Regions
Interviews will be held at the earliest available opportunity and only shortlisted candidates will be notified by email if selected for interview.
MITU is an equal opportunities organization, female applicants and people with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.