Data Collector Jobs Vacancies at Compassion International Dar es Salaam 2021
compassion international tanzania mission, how to join compassion international, objectives of compassion international, data collection jobs 2021, jobs opportunity tanzania, data collection jobs in tanzania 2021, enumerator jobs in tanzania 2021, data collector job description, research assistant jobs in tanzania 2021, data officer jobs in tanzania, research assistant jobs 2021, compassion international jobs 2021, compassion international tanzania jobs 2021, compassion international tanzania contacts
Compassion International Tanzania is seeking qualified data collectors to administer surveys to children, youth, and adults. The expected data collection window and time commitment for this position is January through March.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Compassion, and faithfully upholds Compassion’s ministry in prayer.
- Uphold and engage in Compassion’s core Cultural Behaviors
- Act as an advocate for children, raise awareness of the needs of children. Understands Christ’s mandate to protect children. Commits to and prioritizes child protection considerations in all decision-making, tasks and activities across the ministry. Abides by all behavioral expectations in Compassion’s Statement of Commitment to Child Protection and Code of Conduct.
- Participate in data collector trainings and fully understand the scope and survey tools to be used for this assignment.
- Provide feedback to the Supervisors and Monitoring & Evaluation Specialists on the observations made during data collection
- Conduct surveys with children, youth, and adults and focus group discussions, as needed
- Carefully and safely keep all completed data tools in accordance to the data management protocol.
- Submit all completed data forms and equipment to the Supervisors
- Participate in day-to-day debriefing and other meetings as planned by the supervisors
- Carry out any assignment as assigned by the Data Collection Coordinators and Monitoring & Evaluation Specialists from time to time. The data collector will be reachable to receive instructions or logistical information related to data collection process.
Qualifications and Attributes
- Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Previous experience in data collection using digital devices especially handling Android applications
- Collaborative problem-solving skills and a positive attitude
- High degree of integrity and attention to detail
- Courteous, Ability to listen well and accurately record respondent perspectives
- Proactive team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Must be able to speak, read and write fluently in Kiswahili and English
- Cannot have any prior experience working at a project that is affiliated with Compassion. This includes previous project directors, project staff, tutors, etc.
- Diploma/Degree in Early Childhood Development, Community Development, Gender, Agriculture, Nutrition, M&E and other relevant disciplines is an added advantage.
- Working Environment: Short term assignment that involves full-time travel. Includes traveling to rural communities, interviewing children and youth ranging in age from 6-19 plus. Interacting with churches and talking to different people each day. Maintain integrity to work individually and as a team under supervision.