HEAVY MOBILE EQUIPMENT SUPERINTENDENT at North Mara Gold Mine Limited December 2021
north mara gold mine jobs 2021, barrick north mara gold mine jobs, north mara gold mine job vacancies 2021, north mara gold mine job vacancies, north mara gold mine job vacancies 2021, jobs at north mara gold mine, north mara gold mine job vacancies 2021, north mara gold mine, nafasi za kazi north mara gold mine
North Mara Gold Mine Limited is seeking to recruit a HME Superintendent to join the Engineering team. The successful candidate for this position will be responsible for the overall strategy, planning, execution and compliance of all maintenance activities within the guidelines of Company Standard Operating Procedures and Best Practice as well as other assigned tasks within the range of competencies. The position will report to the Engineering Manager with the work roster being fifty-six (56) days at work and twenty-eight (28) days off work.
- Ensure a healthy and safe working environment for all employees.
- Ensure all Barrick safe work practices are observed, and implemented in the department of responsibility.
- Ensure that equipment is maintained in a safe and cost effective manner.
- Developing and managing maintenance strategy in order to achieve operational objectives, particularly, maintaining high equipment availability and reliability.
- Determining the preventative maintenance and repair requirements of the mobile equipment fleet.
- Identifying, implementing and reviewing equipment strategies, including quality control procedures to ensure accuracy of all results.
- Preparing the longer-term training program to keep all maintenance personnel up-to date in technical upgrades and improvements to maintenance techniques.
- Ensuring continuous improvement using condition monitoring techniques and defect elimination.
- Ensuring that required workshop tools, work procedures and inventory spare parts are managed.
- Budget preparation and control during the execution of repair and maintenance activities.
- Supervising, training, developing and nationalization of the maintenance team.
- Maintenance, diagnostics / Fault Finding and Routine inspection on a variety of machines.
- End of month reporting of maintenance performance against plan.
- Contribute to the operations by ensuring that all maintenance activities are planned and completed in a cost effective manner with minimal disruption to ore processing and mining activities.
- Demonstrate commitment to safe work practices by example and act immediately on any unsafe act or situation observed and monitor standards.
- Actively promote and foster the development of a pro-active site safety behaviors that makes safety an integral part of all work activities.
- Lead accident/incident investigations.
- Appropriate Mechanical trade certification is mandatory.
- Tertiary qualification in Mechanical Engineering would be advantageous.
- Not less than 10 years’ experience in heavy mobile equipment maintenance, or equivalent experiences, of which 5 years must be at Supervisory level.
- Experience with Caterpillar and Komatsu Haul trucks, Shovels, Excavators, Loaders, Dozers and Graders.
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills as well as the ability to interact with People of diverse cultures.
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Strong Safety Background and ability to drive a Safe working environment and practices.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal.
- Computer skills –MS Excel, Access, Word, Outlook, SAP.
- Self-motivated and strong work ethics.
- Sound problem solving and analytical skills.
- Hazard Identification & Risk Assessment.
- Driving ability.