IT CONSULTING INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY IN DAR ES SALAAM TANZANIA AT EY
Ernst & Young Global Limited, doing business as EY, is a multinational professional services network with headquarters in London, England. EY is one of the largest professional services networks in the world. Along with Deloitte, KPMG and PricewaterhouseCoopers, it is considered one of the Big Four accounting firms. It primarily provides assurance (which includes financial audit), tax, consulting and advisory services to its clients. Like many of the larger accounting firms in recent years, EY has expanded into markets adjacent to accounting, including strategy, operations, HR, technology, and financial services consulting.
EY operates as a network of member firms which are structured as separate legal entities in a partnership, which has 312,250 employees in over 700 offices in more than 150 countries around the world.The firm's current partnership was formed in 1989 by a merger of two accounting firms; Ernst & Whinney and Arthur Young & Co. It was named Ernst & Young until a rebranding campaign officially changed its name to EY in 2013, although this initialism was already used informally prior to its sanctioning adoption.
In 2019, EY was the seventh-largest privately owned organization in the United States.EY has continuously been ranked on Fortune magazine's list of the 100 Best Companies to Work For for the past 21 years, longer than any other accounting firm
In its efforts to support the development of Human Talents in Tanzania, EY is pleased to offer internship opportunities to fresh graduates. Given the nature of our business, we only accept students/graduates in the fields of accounting, finance, taxation, economics, IT, actuarial science and related fields from all universities/institutes in Tanzania and outside Tanzania for Tanzanians studied abroad. Currently we have limited internship opportunities in our IT Consulting.
The key requirements on this placement are as shown below:
- Bachelor of Computer Science or Bachelor of Computer Engineering & Information Technology or Electronic and Telecommunications Engineering with a GPA ≥ 3.8
- A minimum of division two for both O’ Level and A’ Level with credit in Mathematics and English.
- Familiarity with computer operating systems and database technology (design, software and structure).
- Knowledge of programming and OOP basics, ability to use one or more development language (C++, C, C#, VB, PHP, Java, HTML, etc.).
- Ability to use one or more development tools such as Eclipse, IntelliJ, Android Studio, Netbeans IDE, Atom etc.
- Conducted final year project related to software development or had a programming component
- Ability to analyze, understand business problems.
- Strong critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Quick learner, looking for new challenges.
- Self-taught in web app development and Android development.
- Eye for detail and identifying problems.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Ability to work remotely with less supervision.
- (i) Maximum of 2 pages CV; (ii) Copies of your O and A Levels certificates showing grades; (iii) Copy of University degree, if already issued to you, or just state in the application letter when do you expect to be awarded; (iv) Copy of academic transcript(s) from your University showing subjects and grades for each academic year completed; (v) copy of your Birth Certificate; (vi) copy of your passport or national ID; and (vii) copies of any other certificate/ award/ commendation letters showing your achievements in social events e.g. games, leadership experience/skills, volunteering, past internship or other extra curriculum activities (if any).Your application letter should be formal, brief and eloquent, not exceeding 3 A4 pages and should include “in brief” about your: -
- Academic achievements from O level, A level and University – (state overall GPA and classification achieved but do not include specific subjects and grades as these are shown in your transcripts).
- Any practical experience gained in past internship (if any), experience gained in past leadership roles (anywhere), experience in teamwork, any special skills and including IT skills.
- Personal character, interpersonal skills and social behaviours.
- Strengths and weaknesses.
- Motivation for wanting to intern with our organisation and anticipated achievements (why should you be given the chance at the expense of others).
- Long term personal, professional and career objectives.