Lecturers Department Of Midwifery And Department Of Medical Surgical At CUHAS December 2021
ARCHBISHOP ANTHONY MAYALA SCHOOL OF NURSING - 2 POSTS
DEPARTMENT OF MIDWIFERY AND DEPARTMENT OF MEDICAL SURGICAL
Main purpose of the post
- A holder of a PhD or equivalent degree with a Master’s Degree in Nursing and a GPA of 4 or with an average of B+ grade from a recognized Institution plus a GPA of 3.5 and above from the undergraduate studies. Must be registered by respective Council/Board.
- Teaching experience of 2 years is an added advantage
- Adherence to professional ethic
- Ability to design set, administer and supervise different assessment items
- Ability to recognize students having difficulties, intervene and provide help and support
- Ability to mark student scripts and course work assessment items and provide feedback
- Computer skills and application
- Ability to prepare and deliver own teaching materials
- Potential to be a good role model and steer students towards dedication to learning, creativity and problem solving
- Possession of sufficient breadth and depth of specialist knowledge in the relevant discipline and of teaching methods and techniques to work within own area
- Ability to carry out independent research and provide feedback and
- Ability to supervise research and other knowledge generating and development activities
Main purpose of the post
- Effective teaching
- Knowledge advancement through research
- Delivery of quality services; and
- Effective realisation of the institution’s mission
- Deliver face to face teaching including lectures, small group tutorials, seminars and bedside teaching (where appropriate) across a range of backgrounds of students including undergraduates, postgraduates and Interns.
- Participate in the preparation and organization of the undergraduate and postgraduate core teaching and assessment programme including organizing journal clubs.
- Develop online teaching material and other online resources.
- Develop and implement new methods of teaching and innovative teaching methods that encourage student participation and problem solving and a content that reflects changes in research.
- Participate in curricula reform as necessary in the context of an expanding medical knowledge. taking an active part in developing new courses.
- Promote integrated teaching for medical and other students during lectures, tutorials and clinical teaching.
- Take part in the University examinations by preparing and administering exam questions, taking part in viva voce as well as marking exam papers and students' coursework.
- Strive for the holistic development of the student by providing sound knowledge, the highest analytical ability.
- Instilling in the student the concern for ethical and moral values.
- Undertake a pastoral role - acting as academic advisor to students.
- Conduct high quality research in area of specialization and interest and actively contribute to the institution's research profile.
- Take advantage of locally available research funds to conduct research of national priority.
- Pursue to the extent possible external funding.
- Publish at least one paper a year in high impact professional and scientific journals.
- Develop and maintain a competitive research group in a recognized area of research in health and allied sciences.
- Supervise and guide students as well as junior staff members of the Department in research projects involving health sciences.
- Develop an educational research portfolio in an area relating to local needs and study for a higher degree in medical education.
- Disseminate research findings both nationally and internationally.
- Collaborate with colleagues in other institutions of higher learning in research.
- Participate actively in departmental administrative tasks in areas like student admissions, induction courses, departmental committees and faculty board meetings when called upon to do so.
- Manage and supervise junior staff in the Department and be prepared to take up the role of head of Department when called upon to do so.
- Participate in departmental, professional conferences and seminars, and contribute to these as necessary.
- Establish collaborative links outside the University with industrial, commercial and public organizations and institutions of higher learning.
- Make yourself accessible to students and make sure you are available during office hours; else your whereabouts should be known to peers/Head of Department.
- Make sure you observe University policies and procedures.
- Provide performance appraisal (or confidential) reports timely as may be requested by the department from time to time.
- Assist in identifying internal and external examiners for courses under your care.
The deadline is Friday 14th December, 2021 at 04:30 pm.
Applications must be addressed and sent to:
CATHOLIC UNIVERSITY OF HEALTH AND ALLIED SCIENCES (CUHAS)
P.O. BOX 1464,
Or E-Mail to: [email protected]