Project Engineer WASH Jobs Vacancy at Catholic Relief Services (CRS) December 2021
wash jobs in tanzania 2021, catholic relief services jobs 2021, catholic relief services projects, wildlife jobs in tanzania 2021, wash jobs 2020, crs tanzania, social work jobs in tanzania 2021, environmental jobs in tanzania 2021,wash jobs in tanzania 2021, catholic relief services jobs 2021,catholic relief services projects, wildlife jobs in tanzania 2021, wash jobs 2020, crs tanzania
Job Title: Project Engineer – WASH
Reports to: Project Manager – WASH
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work are accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
CRS in Tanzania works in very close collaboration with the catholic Churches and implements programs through both Churches and secular local partners. CRS has been helping poor, vulnerable families improve their lives through orphans and vulnerable children, agriculture, health, microfinance and WASH programming in Tanzania since 1962.
The project Engineer is responsible for providing quality and timely technical support to Community based water supply and sanitation projects which will deliver services to the rural communities. Under the direction of WASH Manager, the project engineer provides technical support to partners involving professional civil engineering work associated with the planning, design, coordination and construction and maintenance of community water supply schemes.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
• Perform a variety of technical civil engineering work, supporting construction improvement plans for water supply; prepare drawings, sketches, and designs.
• Review partners’ plans and specifications for WASH projects for compliance with quality standards
• Provide support to WASH Manager in the design and drafting of the schemes.
• Produce and check mathematical calculations related to surveying, drafting and prepare engineering calculations as appropriate.
• Ensure quality and timely technical reports from partners.
• Assist in the administration of contracts; oversee, prepare and/or review construction plans and bid specifications for project improvements.
• Provide support in preparations of orders, and review of invoices submitted by partners prior to final approval by the WASH Manager.
• Carry out inspection, verification, and confirmation of work in process and completed by partners.
• Ensure in field activities compliance with water quality testing policy and health and safety requirements.
• Perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
Basic Qualifications and experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with a major in civil engineering
• Registered as Professional Engineer.
• Possession of a registration as Graduate Engineer with ERB Is considered an added advantage.
• Four years progressively responsible experience in civil engineering work, at least two of which involved water supply facilities and Community based water, sanitation and hygiene projects
• Technical strengths in assessment, planning, design and report writing
• Experience of designing water and sanitation engineering projects
• Experience in working with partners organization
• Experience of working with Local Government along with an understanding of the issues involved.
• Ability to provide capacity building/facilitation in planning and implementing development projects to an agreed work plan.
• Experience of water resource management issues and how they impact on local water supply projects.
• Ability to interpret and apply local policies, procedures, laws, codes and regulations
Required Languages – English and Swahili.
Travel – Must be willing and able to travel up to 50% withing the project region.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Basic engineering principles and practices.
• Experience in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio) and information management systems. Proficient in Word.
• Knowledge of word processing, CAD and spreadsheet skills(engineering software like Epanet, Auto CAD and Arc CAD).
• Ability to work in a complex environment and work under deadlines and minimal supervision.
• Ability to prepare and maintain accurate engineering records.
• Ability to read and interpret plans and maps.
• Ability to develop and monitor expenditure budgets.
• Ability to place project work in the context of WaterAid’s strategic objectives and to steer that work towards making a strategic contribution.
• Good time management skills with ability to work on multiple tasks
• Proactive, resourceful, solutions oriented and results-oriented
• High level of integrity
• Adaptable, flexible, willingness to learn and innovative.
• Rational, organized and take pride in a job well done Self-starter – can with minimum supervision
• A commitment to equity and pro poor development.
• Team player and Gender sensitive
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
• Continuous Improvement & Innovation
• Builds Relationships
• Develops Talent
• Strategic Mindset
• Accountability & Stewardship
Supervisory Responsibilities: NONE
Key Working Relationships: Internal
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
HOW TO APPLY:
• Interested qualified candidates should submit their letter of application together with their CV in PDF or Word format in a single attachment which outlines their experience and sustainability of the position applied to email address [email protected] not later than 31st December 2021.
• The applicants should clearly state the Job title applied for in the subject line of the email.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Female candidates, people with disability and people from other recognized marginalized backgrounds, are strongly encouraged to apply for this position. CRS Tanzania recognizes many people do not have access to university education, limited capacity to travel, women take career breaks to care for family, and physical access for people with disability is limited in some workplaces including in the field. In all recruitments, CRS Tanzania uses a competency-based selection process. This ensures that if a candidate does not have a university degree or many years of experience, their competencies and existing expertise is assessed and valued.