Auto Electrician Job Vacancy at Bulyanhulu Gold Mine February, 2022
Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit an Auto Electrician to join our team. The successful candidate for this position is expected to align to the Barrick DNA and drive a change within his team and the business and on a practical note will ensure activities in the Engineering Section are effectively planned and undertaken in a safe and cost effective manner to achieve targets in accordance to BGML Mining Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures.
Reporting to: Mechanical Supervisor
- Identification of specifications, conditions and manufacturers’ requirements for mobile equipment.
- Conduct repair and preventative maintenance on mobile earth moving equipment, fixed pumping stations, and air conditioning units on mobile machines.
- Ensure that maintenance practices result in maximum machine availability.
- Completion of assigned work in a safe and timely manner, with minimum supervision and to an internationally acceptable standard.
- Provide accurate and timely feedback to the First Line Leader on conditions that may affect functionality of equipment.
- Carry out troubleshooting, fault finding and corrective maintenance in order to solve unplanned equipment unavailability events.
- Maintain equipment integrity and equipment availability.
- Prevent further equipment damage/ faults.
- Complete pre start inspections, including check lists.
- Ensure preventive maintenance compliance.
- Follow up of outstanding maintenance/ repair.
- Active participation in training activities to gain new skills and development of full potential.
- Interpreting job requirements from work instructions.
- Ensure safe work practices, i.e. attending compulsory safety courses and meetings, use of required PPE, incident/accident reporting and ensuring total adherence to all Safety, Occupational Health and Environmental Policies, as well as other policies, procedures and guidelines.
Ordinary level certificate – Form IV
Mechanical trade certificate – (FTC, IMTT & VETA)
Valid driving license is an added advantage
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: 3 Years’ experience in similar role. Experience in mining industry is added as an advantage
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Knowledge on Caterpillar SIS and ET
- Good Communication Skills, English & Swahili
- Demonstrates a high concern for health, safety and environment
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines
Rename your CV in this format CV – YOUR FULL NAME
Indicating the role title “AUTO ELECTRICIAN “ in the subject of your email
Send your application via e-mail to: [email protected]
If you are not contacted by Barrick- Bulyanhulu Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 09th February 2022
BEWARE OF FRAUDULENT ACTIVITIES! BGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Compliance Hotline, by calling Toll-Free Number +1-877-246-5399 or through www.barrickgold.ethispoint.com