Business Integrity Officer Jobs Vacancy At Unilever Tanzania January 2022
business integrity officer jobs tanzania 2022, business integrity officer jobs tanzania january 2022, business integrity officer jobs tanzania, unilever tanzania jobs 2022, unilever tanzania jobs, unilever tea tanzania jobs, unilever tanzania jobs 2022, unilever tanzania jobs, unilever tanzania, nafasi za kazi tanzania january 2022, nafasi za kazi tanzania 2022, jobs opportunity in tanzania 2022, jobs tanzania 2022, jobs tanzania 2022 january, ajira tanzania 2022 january, ajira tanzania 2022
Main Job Purpose
The Business Integrity Officer UTT is responsible for ensuring compliance with Unilever’s Code of Business Principles (the Code) and Code Policies and developing local due diligence procedures and other business controls with a view to embedding a compliance culture. The Business Integrity Officer is responsible for achieving operational excellence in enforcing the Code between UTT employees and relevant third parties. He/she will support the Business Integrity Committees in UTT and will be the visible go to person for the escalation of Code related issues within UTT. The role will report to the Senior Legal Counsel – Plantations.
The Business Integrity Officer UTT must demonstrate the judgment, drive and influence needed to deploy Unilever’s Business Integrity programme across UTT for optimal results, in liaison with subject matter experts and consistent with the global Unilever Roadmap for Business Integrity. The Business Integrity Officer utt will assist the Chief Legal Officer of ekaterra to deploy the Unilever Business Integrity Programme across the tea estates.
The Business Integrity Officer Tea Estates will interface with the following stakeholders:
- UTT Country General Manager
- Senior Legal Officer – Plantations
- UTT leadership team
- Other Functional risk specialists in UTT (e.g. in Finance, HR, IT and Legal) including subject matter experts
- Global Business Integrity network colleagues
- UTT Business Integrity Committee
- Plantations business Integrity Committee
- Other stakeholders as may be designated from time to time.
- The key accountabilities of the Business Integrity Officer Tea Estates are as follows:
Education and Awareness:
- Global education and awareness programmes, monitoring of completion rates in UTT
- Education of specific UTT employee / functional groups where required
- New joiner awareness and on-boarding, leaver exit process
- Annual declarations
- Maintains an understanding of applicable local compliance laws / regulations and best practices Deploys local procedures and controls to cover key local compliance areasEnforces COBP between UTT employees, its customers, contractors, and suppliers
Promoting the Code and Reporting channels:
- Manage local Code and compliance engagements within the UTT through town halls, leadership team engagements.
- Ensure that all reporting options are clearly communicated.
- Ensure that the Business Integrity hotline is accessible (e.g. via freephone numbers).
Code compliance and (business) risk identification and assessment:
- Review and monitor UTT’s external issues and developments and report to the Senior Legal Counsel.
- Maintain local Code compliance control requirements and procedures.
- Engage with high risk third parties.
- Engage with (local) procurement to ensure 3rd party compliance with relevant policies and standards.
- Manage co-ordination of UTT’s Code Compliance Self-Assessment and remediation plans.
Code case handling and Investigations (breaches):
- End responsibility for all Code investigation in UTT, from preparing investigation plan to sanctioning proposal and closing with the UTT Business Integrity Committee. Escalation to and support the Senior Counsel Compliance as and when necessary for cases handled by the Plantations Business Integrity Committee.
- Investigate and conclude all cases in conformance with defined global standards.
- Documenting control and process failures and escalating to functional owners for remediation.
- Reporting and tracking of process improvements.
- Ensure quality of data input into the Business Integrity reporting system.
- Reporting on Code case statistics to the Senior Legal Counsel – Plantations.
- Informing the Senior Legal Counsel – Plantations of any high-risk, reportable and/or WL2+ cases when these arise.
- Ensure appropriate classification and review of compliance incidents.
- Preparation of position papers regarding any (Code) compliance concerns / challenges / questions received.
Additional Code Committee Support:
- Code Business Partner to the Country General Manager UTT and Senior Legal Counsel – Plantations.
- Support the Business Integrity Committees in UTT with agendas, reports, minutes and follow-up.
- Point of contact for any Code related queries in UTT.
- Managing the UTT Business Integrity Roadmap.
- Leadership Behaviours
- Standards of leadership applicable for this role are listed below in order of importance:
- Bias for action Accountability and responsibility Building talent and teams Growth mindset Consumer and customer focus
The candidate should have a degree in law with 2-3 years post qualification experience, out of which 1-2 years’ experience should involve compliance-related work. Candidate should have a good grasp of relevant underlying legal frameworks, compliance, risk and business integrity issues. Training and support will be provided to develop areas of expertise. The ability to influence key stakeholders and to be an agent for change are essential in this role as is the ability to manage potentially sensitive and complex investigations.
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.