Data Analyst Jobs Vacancy at British America Tobacco (BAT) January 2022
data analyst jobs in tanzania, data jobs in tanzania, data science jobs in tanzania, data officer jobs in tanzania, data entry jobs in tanzania 2022, british american tobacco jobs tanzania, british american tobacco jobs tanzania 2022 pdf, british american tobacco jobs, british american tobacco jobs 2022, british american tobacco jobs in tanzania, nafasi za kazi tanzania january 2022, nafasi za kazi tanzania 2022, jobs opportunity in tanzania 2022, jobs tanzania 2022, jobs tanzania 2022 january, ajira tanzania 2022 january, ajira tanzania 2022
Job Title: Data Analyst
Location: Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Company Name: British American Tobacco
Salary Range: Negotiable + Benefits
Job Department: Information Technology
Our Marketing strategy is underpinned by a unique view of the consumer across our categories, which is increasingly driven by powerful consumer data and analytics. As the Digital channel keeps growing, we are launching a mobile application alongside a new brand in 2022. The role of consumer digital data analyst will be to define and track analytic requirements for the new products as well as evaluate and improve our existing products. The role of the Data Analyst is to unlock insights and foresights to drive growth in the context of an expanding multi-category, multi-channel business. The incumbent will drive the development and integration of analytics technologies, empowering all digital leads to uncover a new depth of insights for competitive advantage to the business. We have always been committed to recruiting, developing, and retaining the very best people in our business functions. As a member of our team, you’ll join an outstanding workplace, collaborating across borders with colleagues from multiple fields to evolve our business in one of the most dynamic phases of our history. Our company succeeds when our people thrive. Because the growth and well-being of our people are essential, we offer rich compensation, benefits, services, and development programs to help employees maintain and improve their health, wellness, and work/life balance. We empower our employees to balance their schedules to what suits them the most and how they are most productive. BAT is evolving at pace – truly like no other organization. To achieve the ambition we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- Leverage cross functional multi-category, multi-channel business and technology acumen to identify and deploy initiatives to deliver against the efficiency work-stream required to deliver the better tomorrow agenda.
- Leverage business and technology acumen to uncover a new granularity of insights and foresights that inform both the short-term performance and longer-term strategy of our vaping mobile application and websites.
- Managing and designing the reporting environment, including data sources, security, and metadata.
- Acute ability to identify relevant business questions, collect data from a multitude of different data sources, organize the information, translate results into solutions, and communicate the findings in a way that positively affects business decisions.
- Supporting initiatives for data integrity and normalization.
- Work with Adobe Analytics and other platforms to answer team’s business questions to enforce data driven marketing decisions and drive product roadmap.
- Supporting the data warehouse in identifying and revising reporting requirements.
- Partners with BI & digital team to develop business cases to support new and existing mobile app development, understands objectives and helps determine key performance indicators
- Influence and drive capability development in the applied data analytics space across all levels of BAT Canada to accelerate the analytics transformation across BAT.
- Providing technical expertise in data storage structures, data mining, and data cleansing.
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide on-going reports.
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 3-5 years of proven working experience as a Data Analyst or Business Intelligence.
- Extensive experience in digital environments including B2C.
Technical / Functional / Leadership Skills Required
- Mobile, eCommerce, Social, Web and UX technology expertise.
- Knowledge of data science, machine learning, IOT, SML, web analytics capabilities.
- Strong experience with data extraction, manipulation and blending across different data sources (Google Analytics and other proprietary tools).
- Strong experience with Google Analytics and Adobe Analytics (Adobe as preferred option).
- Knowledge of the Internet landscape, including a comprehension of display advertising, consumer-facing websites, web traffic sources.
- Experience with digital tools, focused on user engagement and growth.
- Well-rounded, data driven individual with high level technical skills, capable of building complex quantitative algorithms to organize and synthesize large amounts of information use to answer questions and drive strategy in the organization.
- Curious and result-oriented, with exceptional industry-specific knowledge and communication skills that allows the individual to explain highly technical results to their non-technical counterparts.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Team player able to work constructively with other cross-functional managers, business analysts, developers, suppliers, testers, business stakeholders and management.
- Strong written/verbal communication and experience working in fast-paced, dynamic teams.
Education / Qualifications / Certifications Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Business Intelligence, Statistics or related field.
- English language as an asset
- Previous experience in consumer goods is preferred
- Highly Competitive salary
- Targeted Annual Bonus & BAT Premium fringe benefits
WE ARE BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
Global Top Employer with 55,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!
Interested applicants should submit their CV and Cover Letter via the apply form/button or our career email below: [email protected]