Graduate Legal Counsel Jobs Vacancy at Unilever Tanzania January 2022
legal jobs 2022 tanzania, international legal jobs in tanzania, legal consultancy jobs in tanzania, legal jobs in dar es salaam, legal officer jobs in tanzania, legal officer job opportunities, unilever tanzania jobs 2022, unilever tanzania jobs, unilever tea tanzania jobs, unilever tanzania jobs 2022, unilever tanzania jobs, unilever tanzania, nafasi za kazi tanzania january 2022, nafasi za kazi tanzania 2022, jobs opportunity in tanzania 2022, jobs tanzania 2022, jobs tanzania 2022 january, ajira tanzania 2022 january, ajira tanzania 2022, graduate legal counsel job tanzania, graduate legal counsel job description, graduate legal counsel job
To assist the General Counsel – Plantations to provide, provide legal services to the company; business partner management; handle legal related queries on communications, industrial relations, tax, finance and operating subsidiaries.
- Identify legal risks and helps the business navigate them, providing legally compliant creative solutions which deliver competitive advantage to the business objectives taking into account compliance, reputation, cost, risk and other consequences.
- Advise various functions: General Management, operations, HR, finance, engineering and R&D on statutory obligations under the relevant legal Acts and associated legislation and regulations relating to matters such as governance frameworks.
- Development and maintenance of relationships with relevant external contacts (e.g. external lawyers, registrars, regulators, external bodies etc);
- Review legal contracts and other legal documents generally.
- Manage records of contracts, land documents, litigation files & other legal documents deposited with Legal department for safekeeping.
- Litigation support – representation of Unilever at court sessions and follow up of external advocates to deliver value for legal fees paid.
- Facilitate appropriate legal documentation and witnesses for the litigation process responsible for litigation update reports.
- Facilitate the availability of laws and regulations relevant to company operations research and review laws and regulations regulating the company advisor on all changes to laws and regulations.
- Manage the company’s lease portfolio alert the relevant functions on expiry of leases and facilitate renewal and termination of leases facilitate payment of rent and rates.
- Provide company secretarial services to the Company.
- Preparing Board resolutions and minutes of Board meetings and Annual General Meetings.
- Advising the finance team on the reporting requirements and disclosures required under the Companies Act and other relevant laws.
- Organizing the company and subsidiary’s Board meetings as well as Board Committee Meetings.
- Ensure filing of Annual Returns, and resolutions relating to appointment and resignation of Directors and Secretaries.
- Update Company Registers and manage the use of the Company Seal
- Cascade and awareness of COBP and COBP Policies and ensure specific structured awareness and training.
- Ensure visibility and/or access to the COBP and the various reporting channels to employees, contractors and suppliers.
- Enforcing COBP between Unilever employees, its customers, contractors, and suppliers.
- Management of cases on the case management system- logging, updating and closure of cases.
- Attend specific disciplinary hearings.
- Ensure implementation of the Code Sanctions Standard when making decisions on Code cases.
- End-to-end responsibility for all Code investigations, which includes preparation of investigation plans, sanction proposal and closure of cases with the BI Committee.
- Support the local Business Integrity Committee Chair with agendas, minutes, reports and follow-up.
- Engagement with (local) procurement and high-risk 3rd parties to ensure 3rd party compliance with relevant policies and standards; and
- Provide other ad hoc legal and compliance services as may be required from time to time.
- A graduate of Law (LLB)
- Call to Bar (Member of Tanganyika Law Society & current practicing certificate)
- Above average communication skills (oral & written)
- Above average analytical skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Attention to details
- Above average team skills
- Appetite for learning
- Good working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite
Internal – Interface with all the functions at all levels (receive and understand the nature of legal requests and provide legal solutions to them)
External – External Advocates, Court officials, State and local government officials, State law press (provide support to in terms of documentation and witnesses, attend pre-trial briefing sessions and legal meetings, liaise with state and local government officials on rates billed, deal with court officials during attendance at court sessions)
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.