Senior Operational Risk Officer Jobs Vacancy at Standard Chartered Bank January 2022
senior operational risk officer jobs tanzania 2022, senior operational risk officer jobs tanzania 2022 tanzania, senior operational risk officer jobs tanzania 2022 january, senior operational risk officer jobs tanzania 2022, standard chartered bank careers tanzania, standard chartered bank tanzania jobs, standard chartered bank tanzania vacancies, bank jobs in tanzania 2022, nafasi za kazi bank 2022, bank teller jobs in tanzania 2022, bank jobs tanzania
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- To ensure that operational risks are properly assessed; that processes, roles and responsibilities are clearly understood; that all risk / return and control cost / benefit decisions are made transparently on the basis of a complete and proper assessment, and all controls are implemented in accordance with the Group’s standards and in line with the Risk Appetite.
- To ensure Operational Risk Framework and all associated policies and procedures and the Risk Management Framework are effectively embedded and communicated in country to Businesses and Functions.
- To be the central point of contact for operational risks within the country arising within the processes, including being responsible for the evaluation of the design and operational effectiveness of all controls To ensure risks of processing failure are being actively managed and monitored on an end-to-end basis in-country; including providing regular control assessments of required controls and escalation in instances.
- Inform the development of country business plans under CPBB, exercising appropriate focus on the implementation of robust operating environments, within risk appetite, to support business aspirations.
- Promote the risk culture across CPBB and ensure we conduct business within the Enterprise Risk Management framework requirements
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the Business model and strategy to provide support and challenge to enable a sustainable risk management outcome.
- Accountable for effective management of risk matters across CPBB working closely with the business, cluster region and Group over critical issues that impact our business.
- Analyse comprehensive impact on risk matters to the relevant the CPBB business areas and their operations.
- Accountable for communicating, implementing changes to risk policies, procedures and standards under CPBB and accountable to ensure country cascades in coordination with Group communications.
- Support stakeholders to make decisions based on current and possible future policies, practises and trends and challenge all relevant business and functions where activities are outside our risk appetite.
Support the Operational Risk process under CPBB
- Periodically assess the country operational risk profile to maintain alignment with the Country risk appetite.
- Review and challenge country strategy where this is not aligned with the risk appetite ;
- Maintain operational risk capability and a control environment which is in line with the operational risk
Risk Control Ownership of operational risk
- Provide a central contact point and oversight over all controls required to effectively manage operational risk within the country that arises from the end to end processes.
- Challenge the completeness of risk identification, monitoring and assessment of the corresponding control activities required within the end to end processes to identify and follow through the remediation by the first line of any significant deficiencies.
- Ensure compliance with Operational Risk policy & procedures.
- Where the country 1st line redesigns controls in response to internal and external factors validate such redesign and ensure global sign off on the redesign prior to implementation in country.
Risk identification and Assessment
- Validate and challenge the first line risk identification and assessment of gross and residual risks arising within the end to end processes.
- Assess the control environment including, but not limited to, control design, control execution, control testing and control history.
- Recommend changes to the control environment or to business practice where necessary to reduce the level of operational risk exposure to within the agreed appetite. Ensure such changes are agreed with global process owners and global OR Officer for that business/function prior to in country implementation.
- Review the design of effective process controls by first line to manage all material risks linked to the process control failure.
- Identify Local Control Gaps - Regularly assess all key controls against the country risk profile to monitor exceptions and identify gaps.
- Optimise portfolio of local controls - Regularly assess existing Local Key Control Standards, key risk indicators (KRIs) and key control indicators (KCIs) to ensure cost effectiveness, efficiency and relevance.
- Provide a balanced and informed assessment of all operational risks arising from acquisitions or major change initiatives or projects within the country.
- Review and approve risk record templates for acceptance of medium, high and very high country level risks.
- Accept the classification and accurate reporting of operational risk events and the appropriateness of mitigation actions.
- Challenge relevant Business/Function’s activities where risks are not aligned with control requirements or risk appetite.
- Sign off on new products on behalf of Operational Risk through the Country Addenda process.
- Ascertain and confirm that country risk registers, KRIs, KCIs, and control sample testing are effectively implemented.
- Periodically review operational risk assessments to ensure these appropriately reflect changes in environment, mitigating controls and the progress of treatment plans.
- Systematically monitor process control effectiveness where there are material risks of process control failure.
- Work with local Business and Functions representatives to receive control and risk metrics in order to monitor KRIs and KCIs.
- Review and update annual key control testing plans.
- Conduct, at least annually and with guidance from Group specialists, a stress test and scenario programme for operational risk [as part of ICAAP], review the results and assess their implications.
- Root Cause Report
- Ensure that operational losses, near misses and audit fails are escalated to Group Functions in a timely fashion within the first line and Group Operational Risk.
- Support the preparation and ensure the delivery of RCA for Unsatisfactory Operational Risk event as per procedure.
- Inform the development of country business plans, exercising appropriate focus on the implementation of robust operating environments, within risk appetite, to support business aspirations.
- Align the in country operational risk management approach to the Operational Risk Framework and the Risk Management Framework and oversee its effective application.
- Ensure that the business heads function heads and relevant staff understand and accept their operational risk management responsibilities.
- Represent Operational Risk in the Executive Risk Committee and Functions Operational Risk Forums in the country.
- Lead the preparation of the Executive Risk Committee pack
- Support training initiatives from Group OR, wherever required and when time permits, to Functions and Business UORMs.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the CPBB to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.] *
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Exercise authorities delegated by the Board of Directors and act in accordance with Articles of Association
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures
- Bachelors Degree