UG Auto Electrical at Geita Gold Mining Ltd January, 2022
nafasi za kazi ggm 2022, nafasi za kazi geita 2022, nyamongo gold mine jobs 2022, geita gold mine job vacancies 2022, ggm internship 2022, ggm recruitment portal, job post, ggm jobs 2022, ggm jobs tanzania,ggm new jobs, ggm vacancy, ggm geita jobs, ggm ajira, ggm ajira, nafasi za kazi ggm, ajira ggm, electrical installation jobs in tanzania, electrical jobs 2022, electrical job opportunities, new civil engineer jobs in tanzania, electronics engineering jobs in tanzania, tanzania jobs
ABOUT GEITA GOLD MINING LTD
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti (AGA), an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of North Western Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s South East of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Specialist 1 – UG Auto Electrical
Contract type & Duration: Unspecified time contract
Reporting to: Superintendent – UG HME Maintenance
Number of Positions: One (1)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The purpose of the role is to complete all task assignments so that all the Heavy Mining Equipment on site are maintained to the original equipment manufacturer standards (OEM) and provided “fit for purpose” to the mining operations team for safe and efficient use in achieving the business plan and guide the team as trainer/coach. As Auto – Electrical Specialist, you are supposed to ensure effective transfer of skills and knowledge to junior auto-electricians following the set development plans.
- A recognized trade certificate in Auto Electrical work and Air Conditioning and Radio Communication
- Preferred Trainer / coach qualification i.e., certification/diploma.
- He / She must possess Valid Tanzanian Driver’s license and able to drive in the Mining environment
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in the heavy underground mining equipment maintenance.
- Intensive Experience in maintenance strategy of SANDVIK, NORMET and CAT Underground Equipment
- Demonstrable experience as trainer/coach.
- Experience in maintaining Underground remote systems is an added advantageA minimum of 03 years performing the same role
- Ensure work is performed to the OEM’S requirements and that best fitment and installation practices are adhered to and impacted to the workforce.
- Develop scope of work in conjunctions with monitoring of the quality of work
- Identify work to be raised through the maintenance system into each equipment’s back log for coming services.
- Support our workforce to work safely by identifying and managing hazards associated with the work being performed.
- Develop SOP – Safe Operating Procedures associated with the Auto electrical Works
- Assist the team to develop work packages and procedures for all work performed so that accurate work packages are established for future work.
- Support the team to comply with the work schedules while attending to emerging work efficiently and to ensure availability and reliability of equipment is optimized
- Advise your Supervisor / Manager of any situations or conditions that could create obstacles to, or opportunities for the work of the managerial team or company.
- Demonstrate work behaviour consistent with the Company Values and work within prescribed boundaries, including required behaviour, company policies, standards, procedures, and legislation requirements.
- Disclose timely information to Supervisor / Manager when accountability cannot be met within limits or can be met with less time or resources than planned.
- Identify, understand and addressing safety hazards and risks.
- Demonstrate behaviour that is consistent with the Anglo Gold Ashanti’s Vision and Values.
- Collaborate with others on pursuing safety goals
- Seek opportunities for learning to improve safety performance
- Assume the dual role of technical specialist and trainer/coach of the team.
- Ensure that the team is trained to best practice and manufacture’s standards all the time.
- Undertake planned and unplanned electrical works on various mobile equipment and stationary plants
- Repair parts and equipment when needed
- Maintain and repair various kinds of petrol and diesel engine motor vehicles
- Order for parts and equipment as necessary
- Liaise with agents and manufacturers on problems to achieve an efficient repair
- Complete all work-related documentation before end of shift, including inspection sheets, work orders and ensure appropriate signatures as applied
- Professionally execute electrical fault finding on equipment and repair them; accordingly, this includes UG tele remote systems
- Approving work methods that are to be used to solve problems and save production
- Able to collaborate with Planners to ensure spares and materials are optimized.
- Must have good written and oral communication skills in English Language
- Good awareness and abilities to manage safety, health and environmental requirements in the workplace.
- Be physical and mentally fit and hard working
- Ability to maintain composure under stressful situations and conflicting priorities.
- Effective verbal and listening communications skills in English
- Ability to read and write to maintain daily logs
- Coaching and training skills
- Stress management skills
- Time management skills
- Must have decision making skills to perform a task assigned to you in the safest and most efficient manner not to jeopardize safety or production.
- Please apply through our recruitment portal by clicking the ‘APPLY‘ button below.
- On the portal you will be required to upload your detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees. Please do not attach certificates that are not related to the qualifications stated above.
- You will also be required to upload a cover / application letter addressed to “Senior Manager Human Resources, Geita Gold Mining Ltd”. Subject should be “Specialist 1 – UG Auto Electrical”
- If you struggle to apply via the link provided, please head over to our website https://www.geitamine.com/en/people/ for a step-by-step guide on how to apply for jobs on our recruitment portal (SuccessFactors).
- You will be required to present original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
- Internal Applicants (those currently employed by AngloGold Ashanti) must have their application letter endorsed by their Head of Department (HOD) or Manager once Removed (MoR).
- Applications should reach the above on or before 31st January 2022 at 5:30 Pm
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.