Community Relations Officer at Tembo Nickel Corporation February, 2022
Tembo Nickel Corporation (“Tembo”) is an operating company formed via the Framework Agreement (19 January 2021) between Kabanga Nickel Limited and the Government of Tanzania for development of the Kabanga nickel deposits in the Ngara District in the Northwest of Tanzania. Under the Framework Agreement terms, Tembo (owned 84% by Kabanga Nickel Limited and 16% by the Government of Tanzania) has been formally established for the mining, processing and refining of Class 1 nickel with cobalt and copper co-products. Tembo is the Swahili word for elephant and represents strength, community and longevity. Tembo Nickel aims to become a sustainable, inclusive and responsible company supplying critical battery minerals to the world.
COMMUNITY RELATIONS OFFICERS (5)
Tembo Nickel is seeking to recruit Community Relations Officer to join Tembo Nickel Project Team. She/he will have full responsibility for the assigned activities and be one of the primary interfaces with the identified local stakeholders. S/he will maintain regular communications with local government officials and other strategic partners at Village. Ward and District level.
This is a Fixed Term contract of 1 Year and the successful candidate will report to the CR Team Lead
Duty Station: Tembo Nickel Project Site-Ngara
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as liaison between TN and identified local stakeholders
- Provide updates of assigned tasks on important achievements/con- strains encountered at a weekly department meeting.
- Attend daily department morning briefing session
- Work with Community Relations team to support implementation of community development programs, community awareness creation and community capacity building.
- Work with the Resettlement team to support Resettlement Action plan and Livelihood Restoration program.
- Support Contractors and other TN lead departments on community relations affairs
- Assist development of documentation, surveys and relevant reports (e.g.. Socioeconomic surveys, stakeholder engagement report, weekly report etc.)
- Support data management – collection, cleaning and
- Support development of department plans, implementation and follow-up of department
- Jointly with Community Relations team, undertake monitoring, internal evaluation and documentation of all work done by CR Department
- Undertake other duties as reasonably assigned by Community Relations
Qualifications and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in social science, rural and urban planning, community development or related discipline.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the same or related role Computer literate and fully conversant with basic computer applications
- Experience in resettlement projects will be an added advantage
Tembo Nickel offers a competitive remuneration package and ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
How to Apply
- Applicants are invited to send their resumes indicating the role tile in the subject via email [email protected] or by post to Tembo Nickel, P.O. Box 65, Rulenge.
Application closing date is 15th February,2022
Note: We are committed to provide equal employment opportunities based on merits and we do not charge candidates any fees in the whole recruitment process
Check Also: nafasi za kazi tanzania February 2022, nafasi za kazi tanzania 2022, jobs opportunity in tanzania 2022, jobs tanzania 2022, jobs tanzania 2022 February, ajira tanzania 2022 February, ajira tanzania 2022, nafasi za kazi wiki hii