Driver at Tembo Nickel Corporation February, 2022
Tembo Nickel Corporation (“Tembo”) is an operating company formed via the Framework Agreement (19 January 2021) between Kabanga Nickel Limited and the Government of Tanzania for development of the Kabanga nickel deposits in the Ngara District in the Northwest of Tanzania. Under the Framework Agreement terms, Tembo (owned 84% by Kabanga Nickel Limited and 16% by the Government of Tanzania) has been formally established for the mining, processing and refining of Class 1 nickel with cobalt and copper co-products. Tembo is the Swahili word for elephant and represents strength, community and longevity. Tembo Nickel aims to become a sustainable, inclusive and responsible company supplying critical battery minerals to the world.
Tembo Nickel is seeking to recruit a Driver to join Tembo Nickel Project Team.
This is a Fixed Term contract of 1 Year and the successful candidate will report to the Camp Manager
Duty Station: Tembo Nickel Project Site-Ngara
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide safe transport of all Tembo Nickel employees as well as all official passengers travelling in company vehicles.
- Employee’s transportation to ensure smooth operation during shift change and in line with outside shunting busses operating hours per route
- Observing all traffic rules, regulations and /or procedures relating to driving onsite and outside mine site during day and nighttime.
- Avoid all situation that might place the vehicle or passengers at risk
- Maintenance of the company vehicle as per site applicable regulations and directives
- Ensure safety practice is observed and reporting any hazard or risk behavior within working area
- Plan all trips properly and ensure all the necessary equipment is on board for each trip
- Properly inspect/check the vehicle and complete all proper documentation before vehicle is used per site applicable procedures/ regulations
- Report any fault to responsible maintenance team.
- Maintain a log of all trips, events, and fuel consumption
- Picking all delivery of goods as per schedule and directives
- Ensure overall condition of vehicle is at 100% working
- Do not undertake unnecessary trips or operate the vehicle without specific adherence to authorized permit
- Be always punctual
Qualifications and Experience
- Ordinary level certificate – Form IV and VETA Driving Certificate
- NIT Driving course will be an added advantage
- Valid Tanzanian driving license Class C
- 5 Years driving experience in reputable organization
- Excellent communication in English and Swahili, both writing and verbal
Tembo Nickel offers a competitive remuneration package and ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
How to Apply
- Applicants are invited to send their resumes indicating the role tile in the subject via email [email protected] or by post to Tembo Nickel, P.O. Box 65, Rulenge.
Application closing date is 15th February,2022
Note: We are committed to provide equal employment opportunities based on merits and we do not charge candidates any fees in the whole recruitment process
Check Also: nafasi za kazi tanzania February 2022, nafasi za kazi tanzania 2022, jobs opportunity in tanzania 2022, jobs tanzania 2022, jobs tanzania 2022 February, ajira tanzania 2022 February, ajira tanzania 2022, nafasi za kazi wiki hii