Equipment Operator Jobs Vacancy at Geita Gold Mining Ltd February, 2022
geita gold mine job vacancies 2022, buzwagi gold mine job vacancies 2022, bulyanhulu gold mine jobs 2022, ajira geita gold mine 2022, shanta gold mine vacancies 2022, geita gold mine website, jobs in tanzania 2022, geita gold mine jobs,bulyanhulu gold mine jobs 2022, mining jobs in tanzania 2022, nafasi za kazi migodini 2022
ABOUT GEITA GOLD MINING LTD
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of North Western Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s South East of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Operator 1 – Equipment
Contract type & Duration: Unspecified time contract
Department: Process Plant
Reporting to: Senior Supervisor – Day Services
Number of Positions: One (1)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The purpose of the role is to operate the processing plant and associated equipment in a safe, productive, and efficient manner, to maximize plant performance without effecting the environment or health and safety of personnel. The processing operators will be involved in all aspects of mineral processing, including reagents mixing and steel balls addition, mills relining, operational equipment maintenance and general plant housekeeping. Cardinal is that the incumbent will work in teams, and shift work if required.
- A minimum Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (CSEE)
- Employees must have sufficient education to read and write instructions, perform simple mathematical calculations, and keep records.
- Possession of Certificate or Diploma in Minerals Processing will be an added advantage if any.
- Computer literacy will be added advantage
- Previous operating experience in a mineral processing environment, preferably gold will be added advantage.
- Exposure to gold mining industry.
- Always act in a manner that seeks to enhance the safety culture and performance of GGM and ensures that the vital behaviours are always adhered to.
- Work safely in all areas, identify potential safety hazards, and work with management to correct hazards.
- General Plant Housekeeping.
- General Inspections of the area (Safety showers, gas monitors, reagents pumps, valves, chemical spills, reagents shade fence, pipelines, chemical storage tanks, safety sign, and overhead crane.
- Process Plant operational equipment maintenance i.e., cyclones, interbank screens, vibration screens and Knelson’s concentrator bowl cleaning.
- Reagents mixing and addition i.e., cyanide and steel balls
- Involved in SAG mill and Ball mills reline
- Clean the strainers for all reagents mixing facilities every week to ensure there is no blockages for reagent transferring.
- Ensuring production activities achieve maximum effective use of the plant and equipment by continual monitoring.
- Assisting in the development of competencies of other employees were directed
- Immediately report equipment faults to prevent further deterioration
- Safely isolate processing equipment for planned or unplanned shutdowns
- Clean criminal record or any other security incident
- Fluent in Swahili or English or both
- Be able to work at minimum supervision