Job Opportunity at SNV, Senior Administrative intern February 2022
Senior Administrative intern
SNV Netherlands Development Organisation is a not- for- profit international development organisation. Founded in the Netherlands 50 years ago and we have built a long- term, local presence in 39 of the poorest countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. Our global team of local and international advisors works with local partners to equip communities, businesses and organisations with tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase their income and gain accesses to basic services empowering them to break the cycle of poverty and guide their own development.
The Administrative officer is an aggregate role, the below will be the incumbent performs tasks that make the Mwanza office functional;
– Managing of the reception function of the office i.e. phones, incoming mails and outgoing mails, deliveries, records management of each.
– Management of office administration, including office running; logistics; security; information management.
– Ensure all services in the offices are available (water, utility, generator, internet, phone, etc.) and that all office furnishings and equipment are functioning and maintained
– Ensuring offices remain stocked with office supplies and kitchen consumables. stock controls and monitoring
– Oversee the maintenance, repair and cleanliness of the office and premises, ensuring that any needed maintenance is dealt with.
– Coordinate all local travels from the location
– Manage all SNV cars which are at the location
– Ensuring staff travels are well planned with the required resources
– Together with drivers, ensure that fleet is in place, serviced, insured, taxed and maintained.
– Management of specific task employee especially drivers, are in compliance with our Motor Vehicle policy
– Ensuring all assets are well managed, secured and maintained at the location office
– Asset that needs to be disposed are disposed as per policy
– Asset that are new are registered into the system by finance
– Asset are registered and coded
Safety and Security
– Liaising with operations manager on location security.
– Serving as security focal point for staff and consultants
– Ensure regular maintenance and functioning of fire extinguishers, smoke alarms etc
– Ensure functional health and safety committee in place at the location and maintain first aid kits
– Prepare documents for submission to authorities i.e., Fire brigade compliance issues and OSHA
– Ensuring the all records for day-to-day administrative work are in place and are filed properly.
– All the files are coded well and put in a safe place
– Develop a record register for all files in the archive rooms and manage the storage, ensuring annual reviews of which documents are to be archived, retained, etc., and that documents are clearly filed and easy to find
– All projects documents will be submitted to admin office who will ensure that the records are in place.
– Disposal of records must follow the internal policy on records disposal with the right approvals
University degree in social sciences, human resources or any other related field
Minimum 3 years working as in administration preferably for an NGO
Sound general business practice and experience, able to work autonomously and in a team
Excellent interpersonal skills, and a collaborative management style
Experience of working in a multi-cultural environment.
Multi-tasking, analytical and quick to act.
Organization skills and time management – professional approach to personal time planning and respect for deadlines;
Excellent written and oral communication skills in english
Team player, effective interpersonal and coordination skills
Computer literate with high degree of proficiency and productivity
Able to work comfortably and effectively with or without supervision, either at own initiative or under direction
Languages: Fluent in english and kiswahili
Duty station: Mwanza
Desired Start Date: 1st March 2022
How to Apply:
If you believe that your credentials meet the outlined profile, we invite you to apply by uploading your CV, letter of motivation, salary history for the last three years and copies of your certification onto our in-house recruitment system
We do not appreciate third-party mediation based on this advertisement
Check Also: nafasi za kazi tanzania February 2022, nafasi za kazi tanzania 2022, jobs opportunity in tanzania 2022, jobs tanzania 2022, jobs tanzania 2022 February, ajira tanzania 2022 February, ajira tanzania 2022, nafasi za kazi wiki hii