New Jobs Opportunities For Tanzanians at IMF February 2022
imf jobs, world bank jobs, imf jobs salary, un jobs, how to get a job at imf, imf jobs entry-level, oecd jobs, imf vacancies, imf tanzania office, imf jobs tanzania, imf jobs tanzania 2022, un jobs tanzania
Resident Advisor in Public Debt Management – AFRITAC East and AFRITAC South (MCMTA) Job Vacancy .
Work for the IMF. Work for the World.
The Monetary and Capital Market’s Department (MCM) of the International Monetary Fund (IMF) is seeking an experienced expert to work as Resident Advisor in Public Debt Management for the Regional Technical Assistance Centers covering East Africa (AFRITAC East (AFE)) and Southern Africa (AFRITAC South (AFS)). AFE and AFS are multi-donor-financed institutions, that provide capacity development (technical assistance (TA) and training) in macroeconomic and financial policies to 21 countries. AFS and AFE comprise a core team of resident advisors (complemented by short-term experts) under the general supervision of a Center Director.
The Resident Advisor will be based at our Center in AFE in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania ( https://www.eastafritac.org/ ), and will assist participating countries across Eastern and Southern Africa in public debt management and develop domestic money and debt markets.
This is a one-year contractual position, which is renewable for up to three years subject to budget availability and satisfactory performance.
Duties And Responsibilities
The Resident Advisor will respond to TA and capacity development (CD) requests received by AFE and AFS member countries and is expected to travel to these countries to perform the assigned duties. S/he will be required to assist AFE and AFS members through capacity building in the following areas:
Improving governance and institutions – supporting country authorities in establishing efficient institutional structures and appropriate legislation for debt management, formulating reform plans for debt management, and undertaking scoping assessments for capacity building.
Enhancing strategy and policy – supporting the formulation and implementation of a medium-term debt management strategy (MTDS), through the MTDS framework and use of accompanying analytical tool (AT), with a particular focus on assessing, monitoring, and managing sovereign debt portfolio risks. Facilitating the integration of cash and debt management through an annual borrowing plan and regular issuance calendar.
Developing debt markets – supporting country authorities to develop market infrastructure and capacity for cost effective financing domestically and internationally, using the IMF-WB framework for Local Currency Bond Market (LCBM) development.
Boosting debt transparency – strengthening practices for debt recording, reporting and monitoring, including in conjunction with partners providing debt recording solutions (Commonwealth Secretariat and UNCTAD).
To deliver this TA, the Resident Advisor will be responsible for:
- Establishing a debt management CD program by building excellent working relationships with member countries, identifying CD needs and building capacity in a lasting manner.
- Organizing/participating in CD missions, either alone or with short-term experts that are on MCM’s roster and provide offsite advice.
- Helping organize, conduct, and contribute to regional workshops and seminars on public debt management.
- Cooperating with the other Resident Advisors as well as other organizations providing CD on issues related to public debt management.
- Delivering gender-informed outcomes – mobilizing female participants in capacity development and through regional workshops.
- Collaborating with member countries and regional authorities in the preparation of annual assessments of capacity-building needs in AFE and AFS member countries, considering previous CD delivery and country-specific circumstances.
- Any advice provided by the advisor will be in line with IMF policies.
Resident Advisor in Public Debt Management – AFRITAC East and AFRITAC South (MCMTA) Job Vacancy.
The successful candidate should have:
- Extensive practical experience in public debt management and development of domestic money and debt markets acquired from working in debt management offices of local authorities and/or by the delivery of Technical Assistance.
- A graduate degree in economics, finance, or a related area.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work closely with other organizations, senior government officials, and other long-term and short-term experts; and
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English.
- The IMF is committed to achieving a diverse staff, including gender, nationality, culture, and educational background.
MCMTA Monetary and Capital Markets Dept. Technical Assistance Strategy
A11, A12, A13, A14
The IMF is committed to achieving a diverse staff, including age, creed, culture, disability, educational background, ethnicity, gender, gender expression, nationality, race, religion and beliefs, and sexual orientation.