OHS Manager at Tembo Nickel Corporation February, 2022
About Tembo Nickel Corporation
Tembo Nickel Corporation (“Tembo”) is an operating company formed via the Framework Agreement (19 January 2021) between Kabanga Nickel Limited and the Government of Tanzania for development of the Kabanga nickel deposits in the Ngara District in the Northwest of Tanzania. Under the Framework Agreement terms, Tembo (owned 84% by Kabanga Nickel Limited and 16% by the Government of Tanzania) has been formally established for the mining, processing and refining of Class 1 nickel with cobalt and copper co-products. Tembo is the Swahili word for elephant and represents strength, community and longevity. Tembo Nickel aims to become a sustainable, inclusive and responsible company supplying critical battery minerals to the world.
OHS MANAGER (1)
Tembo Nickel is seeking to recruit OHS Manager to join Tembo Nickel Project Team. This is a senior role reporting to the Country Manager and the successful candidate is expected to lead Coordination and effective implementation of Occupational health and safety programs across Tembo Nickel Operations.
Duty Station: Tembo Nickel Project site- Ngara
Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement internal Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) management systems to ensure compliance to both OHS Act and the Fire & Rescue Force Act.
- Coordinate mandatory fire and Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) inspections and instituting remedial actions based on the inspection finding.
- Liaise with Occupational Safety and Health Authority (OSHA) to ensure occupational health and safety mandatory trainings are conducted.
- Provide operational support for all Tembo Nickel operations in Tanzania
- Ensure contractors and other business partners comply with OSHA regulatory requirements as they carry out their responsibilities on behalf of Tembo Nickel
- Take a lead role in occupational incidents investigation and report
- Develop, implement, and maintain Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) policies and
- Liaise with OSHA and fire department to ensure that all our workplace buildings are inspected, and proper remedial actions are tak
- Provide coordination for and implementation support of the Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) initiatives for Tembo Nickel Operations in Tanzania
- Conduct Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) risk assessment to identified occupational hazards and provide a mitigation action plan to ensure that Tembo Nickel provide safe working environment
- Prepare and deliver employees Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) awareness and trainings to both new and existing employees.
- Ensure that Tembo Nickel is compliant with OSHA statutory
- Provide Health and Safety expertise for all project works as undertaken by Tembo Nickel and lead OHS Meetings and preparation of Tembo Nickel OHS strategy
- Liaise with local officials, municipals, town/city councils on matters related to Health and safety
- Ensure all the first aid kits and safety equipment (safety signage, assembly points etc.) are supplied, installed and well
- Complete OSHA/Fire inspections annually and implement the recommendations from the authorities.
- Complete staff medical checkups and ensure reports are properly documented in coordination with HR.
- Ensure all statutory Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) committee meetings are held, signed minutes documented and issues are escalated to responsible units within the company.
- Ensure all buildings that have fulfilled regulatory requirements are issued with certificates of compliance
Knowledge and Skills
- Solid understanding of the OSHA Act and the associated by laws, procedures as provided by OSHA.
- Solid understanding of the Fire and Rescue Act and associated regulations.
- People management skills.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Strong incidents investigation skills
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Science. Occupational Health and Environmental Management or any relevant field of studies. Master’s degree in occupational health management will be an added advantage.
- 10 years working experience in the field of Occupational Health. Safety and Environment Experience in Construction or large projects is mandatory
Tembo Nickel offers a competitive remuneration package and ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
How to Apply
Applicants are invited to send their resumes indicating the role tile in the subject via email [email protected] or by post to Tembo Nickel, P.O. Box 65, Rulenge.
Application closing date is 15th February,2022
Note: We are committed to provide equal employment opportunities based on merits and we do not charge candidates any fees in the whole recruitment process