Security Officer Jobs Vacancy at TUDARCo February, 2022
Tumaini University Dar es Salaam College (TUDARCo) is a Constituent College of Tumaini University Makumira since 1st April. 2003. TUDARCo is owned by the Eastern and Coastal Diocese (ECD) of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Tanzania (ELCT). The institution was granted, by the Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU), Certificate of Full Registration on 29th March. 2007; it was also granted its Charter in 2010; and attained and was granted Certificate of Accreditation in August 2019. TUDARCo premises are located along Coca Cola Road, and it currently has a student population of about 4.000. It delivers undergraduate and postgraduate degree programmes as well as Certificate and Diploma programmes Its various academic programmes are hosted and delivered by its four Schools, namely. School of Law and Justice (SoLJu), School of Business Studies (SoBS). School of Education and Hitman Development (SoEHD), and School of Humanities and Social Sciences (SoHSS). TUDARCo is currently being re-engineered and re-branded with a view to transforming it into a competitively dynamic and vibrant private university.
Positions being advertised
TUDARCo now wishes to recruit administrative staff as follows: –
Security Officer : One (1) Position
Holders of at least a Bachelor Degree in Law. Law Enforcement. Public Administration, Human Resources Management. ICT. Information System. Sociology, Social work. Public Relations. International Relations Education or equivalent qualifications from any recognised institution with working experience of at least ten (10) year’s in related field. The applicant also must have attended Assistant Superintendent Police (gazetted Officer) Course from the National Police School.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- In charge of all security matters at the University, among others, planning, administration and control.
- Responsible for supervising all security staff and ensure then proper training and development.
- Supervise the firm outsourced to supply security seivice;
- Record and submit regularly reports to the management any deficiency and weaknesses in the operations of the firm outsourced to deliver security seivice;
- Ensure adequate resources are available for security functions and operations at the University;
- Report in management meeting the state of security conditions at the University; and
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by one’s reporting Officer.
Successful candidates will be offered an attractive package commensurate with their qualifications and experience.
Mode of Application
Interested and suitably qualified individuals should submit application (attached with a detailed curriculum vitae, copies of transcripts, certificates), and present contact addresses of three credible referees.
- Any certificate obtained from foreign secondary schools and institutions of higher learning should be verified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA).
- Presentation of forged certificates and other information will necessitate to legal action.
- Applicants who have already submitted then applications need not reapply.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
Applications should be addressed to:
Tumaini University Dar es Salaam College (TUDARCo),
Plot No. 10 Mikocheni Light Industrial Area (Along Coca Cola Road),
P.O. Box 77588,
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
E-mail address: [email protected]