Zonal Facilitator Jobs Vacancy at IITA February, 2022
Get Infromation Related to iita tanzania jobs, iita tanzania jobs vacancy, iita tanzania address, zone facilitator jobs vacancies, zone facilitator jobs vacancies in tanzania, zone facilitator jobs vacancies near dar es salaam, zone facilitator jobs vacancies 2022, zone facilitator jobs vacancies 2022 tanzania
IITA-TZ2022-R4D-001 -NRS- Tabora
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future. Please visit https://www.iita.org/ for more information on IITA.
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) has won a competitive two-year grant from IFAD- South-South Cooperation (SSTC) Facility to implement a project on supporting the recovery of priority food crop value chains from the effects of COVID 19 to strengthen community resilience, markets, and trade development in Tanzania. The project will operate in the Central Corridor and part of the Lake Zone and will provide technical input and support to the IFAD-funded Agriculture and Fisheries Development Programme (AFDP). The two-year grant will be implemented in collaboration with the Alliance Bioversity International -CIAT (ABC) and other partners in target regions along the Central Corridor and part of the Lake Zone.
The second project is BASICSII which is a project funded by the Bill and Melinda Gates with a vision of developing and commercializing the cassava seed supply chain–from pre-basic seed of officially released varieties to the farmers through a network of government-certified commercial cassava seed entrepreneurs located throughout the primary cassava growing regions of Tanzania. The project has been operating in Nigeria since 2020 and has been extended to Tanzania from 2022 up to 2025.
IITA is seeking to recruit a qualified person to fill the vacancy of the Field Projects Manager for the IITA-led IFAD-SSTC and BASICII projects areas respectively. The position will be for a period of two years renewable subject to availability of funds, a successful probation period and high performance throughout the implementation of the project.
Duty Station: This is a Nationally Recruited Position, and the incumbent will be based in Tabora, Tanzania.
- The Zonal Facilitator will be responsible for CSE recruitment and selection of appropriate rural farmers with emphasis on women and youths, supervise training of CSEs, facilitate CSEs registration and ensure formation of CSE associations.
- Ensuring Strategy and Performance
- Recruitment and selection of appropriate rural farmers with emphasis on women and youths to become CSEs
- A robust training program on agronomy, seed multiplication, and business skills
- Recruited CSEs to be registered as seed dealers by the Ministry of Agriculture (MoA)
- Linking CSEs with TOSCI for registration and inspections
- Backstopping, mentoring and monitoring for effective agronomic and business practices of CSEs
- Provide marketing and promotion support through seed grower’s associations
- Build and strengthen the capacity of seed grower’s associations
- Provide training to Extension staff (MoA) on commercialization and supervise them
- Management of other staff including performance— Field Area Facilitators (once recruited)
- Ensuring compliance with IITA procedures
- Administration and operation of Zonal Office
- Representing IITA in the local area business, government, other stakeholders
- Preparing monthly plans for the respective Zone and staff (to be approved by Technical Lead)
- Prepare monthly budget to correspond with activities in workplan
- Monitor expenses to budget – (staff expenses, vehicle, programming)
- Monitoring and Evaluation / Reporting
- Ensuring timely and accurate Data collection at all sites
- Monthly progress Zone report
- Tracking M&E against Performance targets and keeping Technical Lead advised
- Perform any other job-related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Qualification and Experience
- A Bachelors’ degree in a relevant subject e.g. Agronomy, Agriculture general, Agribusiness
- A Minimum of 4 years’ professional experience of working with Research, agri-business, marketing and farmer organizations in East Africa.
- Knowledge & practical experience of Cassava agronomy, Research, Plant protections, Value Chain Development
- Good command of spoken and written English
- Good communication/social skills; Good familiarity with the area the project/program is situated
Applications including curriculum vitae, copies of certificates, telephone number, email address, and names and addresses of two referees should be sent to the Country Representative, IITA-Tanzania, Plot No. 25, Mwenge — Coca-Cola Road, Mikocheni Industrial Area P.O. Box 34441, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania or by email to [email protected]
Applicants are requested to please indicate the reference number for the position as indicated on the heading of the announcement in your application as well as on the subject of your email if sending by email. If sending by post or hand delivery, please indicate the reference number on your application as well as on the left-hand side of your envelope. Please note that any applications without the reference indicated will be automatically disqualified.
The deadline for submitting the application is 15 February 2022.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.