Program Manager Job Opportunities at SOS Children’s Villages
Get information related to sos childrens villages vacancies 2022, sos childrens villages tanzania vacancies 2022, sos childrens villages tanzania jobs, sos vacancies 2022, sos childrens villages international jobs,sos vacancy
Program Manager Job Vacancy at SOS Children’s Villages.
SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania is a local non-government organization affiliated to SOS Children’s Villages International, a worldwide child care and protection organization that provides orphaned and destitute children with a permanent home and educational opportunities. Established 60 years ago, SOS Children’s Villages International the umbrella organization, currently has Children’s Villages and other projects in 135 countries around the world. Globally, it runs the SOS Children’s Village Programme which has two main arms, i.e. Family Based Care based at SOS Children’s Villages and Family Strengthening Programmes supporting families in local communities. SOS has been working in the United Republic of Tanzania since 1991, and implements its programs in the following locations Zanzibar, Arusha, Dar es Salaam, Mwanza and Iringa. SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania seeks to recruit a suitably qualified candidate to fill the following vacant position.
Job Title : Program Manager (1 Post)
Duty station : Dar Es Salaam
Reporting to : National Director
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Program Manager leads the overall development and implementation of SOS Children’s Village Programme in response to needs in line with the vision, mission, strategy, policies, and standards of the organisation. This will be under the support of Programme Development department of National Office function staff. She/he represents the organisation towards governmental and non-governmental stakeholders in the location. She/he coordinates the Children’s Village Programmes activities and interventions and ensures quality and effectiveness of services. Also ensures the cost-efficiency on the implementation of the programmes in the location and optimal use of resources.
Program Manager Job Vacancy at SOS Children’s Villages
Programme development and management
- Leads the development and implementation of the programmes in line with the SOS Children’s Villages care promise and related international and national SOS policies, strategies, quality standards, and guidelines.
- Leads the implementation of the programme management cycle including strategic planning process as part of National Association strategic direction to ensure that interventions are relevant to the local context, respond to the needs of the target group, and contribute to the development of sustainable social support systems.
- Coordinates and ensures cooperation between all areas of work within the facilities.
- Ensures efficiency through best use and sharing of resources across the facilities.
- Regularly prepare and submit report on implementation and progress of activities towards targets to relevant National Office functions.
- Ensures that the Children’s Village Policy is supportive to the brand of the SOS Children’s Villages Organisation.
- Establishes appropriate staffing patterns and ensures full staffing to all programmes with support from National HR Department.
- Leads managing co-workers in the location
- Sets up and leads an effective management team
- Take lead on Performance Management system implementations.
- Recommends the performance of the staff to the National HR function for the National Director decision.
Financial and Administrative management
- Builds accountability in the programme by ensuring implementation of effective financial and administrative procedures, in accordance with defined policies, guidelines, and standards.
- Leads the budgeting process in the location(s).
- Monitors budget expenditures and conducts financial (in cooperation with the Senior Accountant and content controlling of the programme, in order to ensure that funds are properly used.
- Continually looks for ways to provide quality services in a cost-effective manner.
- Ensures that budgeting of maintenance costs (construction, repairs, renovation) for SOS property is carried out regularly.
- Ensures technical work like execution, supervision, and procurement are carried out by competent staff, and make sure that the procedures and policies are followed properly.
- The Program Manager is overall accountable for allocated resources/assets of the organization.
Quality management, monitoring and evaluation
- Responsible for quality management in the programme and ensures the implementation of national and international quality standards with support of Head of Programs.
- Monitors and implements the recommendations from national/international quality audits and evaluations.
- Negotiates and can concludes agreements and contracts with partners/ supplies/ state authorities by consulting and getting approval from the National Director.
- Leads and coordinates cooperation, partnership building, and networking efforts of the programmes with local and national authorities and other external stakeholders with support from the Institutional and Partnership Development Coordinator.
- Represents in support of relevant staff the organization at relevant local networks, forums, platforms, campaigns, working groups and advocates on behalf of the organisation for the promotion of child rights, especially related to children from the target group.
Fund development and public relations
- Promotes the organisation in the public and identifies potential income sources in cooperation with the Fundraising & Communications function in the National Office.
- Strives for the highest possible level of programme self-financing with a focus on fundraising targets agreed during the strategic planning process.
- Prepare and submit proposal for the projects in collaboration with National Office IPD Coordinator staff.
- Identifies potential income sources in cooperation with National Office Head of Fund Development and Communication
Child Safeguarding and Child Protection Responsibility
- Raising awareness of the principles of the SOS Child Protection Policy to all co-workers, stakeholders and SOS beneficiaries
- Preventing and mitigating all possible risks in the area of child protection and Safeguarding at your area.
- Reporting immediately on any issue related to Child abuse/ violence/ neglect/ mistreatment.
- Maintain high level of confidentiality while handling CS concerns.
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCES:
- Masters degree in one or combination of the following disciplines: Organizational Development, Child Development, Children and Youth Care programming, Sociology and Development studies.
- Working experiences not less than 7 years which should include: at least A – 5 years working at managerial levels within reputable NGOs working in Tanzania:
- Strong background on programming and projects management
- Robust experience in Monitoring and Evaluation
- Strong background in proposal development and donor negotiation skills with good track record of awarded proposals.
- Strong, leadership and interpersonal skills and group dynamics management skills
- Strong background in livelihoods and economic empowerment for most vulnerable groups:
- Ability to forge and manage partnership with Government and Civil Society Organizations:
- Ability to champion fundraising initiatives with experience in effective engagement of corporates:
- The candidate should possess the emotional stability to lead and guide the large community of children and staff, maintaining the required high standards.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Program Manager Job Vacancy at SOS Children’s Villages
How to apply:
Interested candidate for the above position should submit his/her application letter by email describing how your experience, qualifications and competencies make you the right candidate for this position. Enclose ONLY detailed and updated CV with telephone contacts, email address and details of at least 3 referees.The candidate MUST clearly indicate the title of position applied for. Only contacted candidates for the interview will submit copies of academic, professional certificates and passport size photo. This advert can be obtained on our website http://www.sos-childrensvillagestanzania.or.tz.
To apply please send to;
The National Director SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania.
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Email Address below
Please Note: SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania is an equal opportunity employer and committed to keeping children safe from abuse and harm, therefore candidates applying for this post will be subject to child safeguarding recruitment procedures and checks.
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]
Closing date is 17th March, 2022.
View More jobs in this Sector Jobs Here
Explore More Job Vacancies Here
Learn how to write the best resume for this job click here
Check Also: nafasi za kazi tanzania march 2022, nafasi za kazi tanzania 2022, jobs opportunity in tanzania 2022, jobs tanzania 2022, jobs tanzania 2022 march, ajira tanzania 2022 march, ajira tanzania 2022, nafasi za kazi wiki hii