Job Opportunity at East Africa Fruits Ltd Tanzania
east africa fruits company vacancy announcement, east africa fruits company address, east africa fruits p o box, nafasi za kazi kilimo 2022
East Africa Fruits Ltd is a food-tech company focusing on efficient distribution of foods from farm to market. It has extensive operations and logistics team that works around the clock to achieve the highest distribution efficiency in the industry. Job Opportunity at East Africa Fruits Ltd Tanzania
Be a part of something big! East Africa Fruits Co. is growing and now is your chance to join a company where you will have influence! We are a lean company who asks a lot of its talented workforce and in return give you the opportunity to be part of a major player in the food-tech and distribution space.
If you are energized by solving large-scale challenges, come work with us. Our Vision is to Eliminating food waste in East Africa with efficient food distribution systems while ensuring that smallholder farmers have a stable and growing source of income. Our Mission is to Improving market access for farmers by modernizing supply chain and demand logistics.
We aggregate demand and deliver wide range of fresh and exotic produce directly from farms to stores of B2B customers – retailers, wholesalers, local vendors, restaurants and cafés, hotels and exporters.
NEW VACANCIES AT EAST AFRICA FRUITS LTD, DECEMBER 2022
JOB DESCRIPTION EAST AFRICA FRUITS CO.
Senior Accounts Officer No. of 3Subordinates:
Dar es salaam - Tanzania No of direct 3reports:
Accounts and Finance Incumbent name:
Finance Manager Incumbent signature & date:
Experienced Supervisor’s signature & date:
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS EDUCATION: CPA Holder with Degree/Diploma in Accounts, Finance or related field
WORK EXPERIENCE: Three years experience in Accounts or related field LANGUAGE: Fluent in Kiswahili and English
1. About the company:
East Africa Fruits is a food-tech company focusing on efficient distribution of foods from farm to market. It has an extensive operations and logistics team that works around the clock to achieve the highest distribution efficiency in the industry.
Be a part of something big East Africa Fruits Co. is growing and now is your chance to join a company where you will have influence! We are a lean company who asks a lot of its talented workforce and in return give you the opportunity to be part of a major player in the food-tech and distribution space.
2. Job Summary:
The role holder will be responsible for ensuring that reports on costs, productivity, margins and company expenditures are accurate.
The Senior Accounts Officer will be reporting to the Finance Manager.
3. Duties and Responsibilities:
● Supervise accountants in verifying, allocating, posting and reconciling accounts payables and receivable
● Produce error-free accounting reports and present their results
● Analyze financial information and summarize financial status
● Spot errors and suggest ways to improve efficiency and spending
● Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures
● Manage accountants and accounting assistants
● Participate in financial standards setting and in forecast process
● Provide input into department’s goal setting process
● Participate in preparation of financial statements and produce budget according to schedule
● Support month-end and year-end close process
● Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
● Ensure all documents are well stored/filled as per company policy
● Performing other accounting duties as assigned
4. Educational and Experience Requirements:
● Bachelor or Diploma in accounting/Finance or related field
● An excellent written and oral command in Kiswahili and English
● Knowledge of general accounting principals
● Proficient in relevant computer software
● Knowledge of regulatory standards and compliance requirements
● 3+ years in Finance/Accounting or related field experience
● CPA (T) is a must
5. Working Conditions:
● Working station is Dar es salaam – Tanzania
● The Senior Accounts Officer will be required to work as per East Africa Fruits Co. Ltd working conditions in terms of working hours and days and when necessary, employee may be required to work beyond working hours
6. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities or Required Competencies:
● Deadline-oriented and an ability to stick to time constraints
● Good communication skills – both written and verbal
● Organizational skills and information management
● Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures
● Familiarity with financial accounting statements
● Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
● Hands-on experience with accounting software packages
● Advanced MS Excel skills
● Accuracy and attention to detail
● Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
● Ability to work independently, unsupervised
● Ability to give direction and provide assistance to others
- Diploma in Business Administration or related field.
- At least 3 years experience as a Sales Representative or similar title.
- Familiarity with sales systems/softwares.
- Proven experience working in a FMCG industry is an added Advantage
- Ability to drive manual vehicles is an added advantage.
Disclaimer We do not charge any amount to applicants!