Johns Hopkins Center for Communication Programs Vacancies, 2022
Johns Hopkins Center for Communication Programs Vacancies, 2022
Get information related to executive director johns hopkins center for communication programs, john hopkins center for communication programs wiki, john hopkins research jobs, johns hopkins communications jobs, john hopkins careers, johns hopkins university career center, johns hopkins hr jobs, johns hopkins health communication
More than 30 years ago, the Johns Hopkins Center for Communication Programs was created to recognize the crucial role of communication in public health. We remain leaders in social and behavior change today because we understand that words matter, that community matters and that only by working together can we improve the health of individuals, families and communities around the world. Breakthrough ACTION Tanzania is a new, three-year (2022-2025) cooperative agreement between the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and the Johns Hopkins Center for Communication Program (CCP).
The social and behavior change (SBC) activity aims to catalyze opportunities for Tanzanians to improve their health status by transforming socio-cultural norms and supporting the adoption of healthier behaviors. The activity will provide technical assistance to the Government of Tanzania (GoT) to improve the policy and implementation framework around SBC activities, and design, implement and monitor specific SBC interventions at the sub-national level as required. Breakthrough ACTION Tanzania will promote integrated SBC approaches to support family planning/reproductive health, maternal, neonatal, and child health (including nutrition), HIV, malaria, TB, risk communication and community engagement (RCCE) and other infectious diseases as needed.
NEW VACANCIES AT JOHNS HOPKINS CENTER FOR COMMUNICATION PROGRAMS, DECEMBER 2022
Position: Driver (2 positions)
Report to: Human Resources and Administration Manager Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Breakthrough ACTION Tanzania is a new, three-year (2022-2025) cooperative agreement between the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and the Johns Hopkins Center for Communication Program (CCP). The social and behavior change (SBC) activity aims to catalyze opportunities for Tanzanians to improve their health status by transforming socio-cultural norms and supporting the adoption of healthier behaviors. The activity will provide technical assistance to the Government of Tanzania (GoT) to improve the policy and implementation framework around SBC activities, and design, implement and monitor specific SBC interventions at the sub-national level as required. Breakthrough ACTION Tanzania will promote integrated SBC approaches to support family planning/reproductive health, maternal, neonatal, and child health (including nutrition), HIV, malaria, TB, risk communication and community engagement (RCCE) and other infectious diseases as needed.
Support JHU’s operations and program implementation by ensuring proper usage, regular maintenance and repairs of assigned vehicles for high performance and to undertake driving assignments within and outside assigned areas as required.
- Drive assigned company vehicles on assigned
routes within and outside the duty station,
safely operate JHU’s vehicle in accordance with Tanzania Traffic Laws and also ensure safety of staff
and other passengers.
- Take responsibility for ensuring that he/she possess
the necessary personal
documentation as required under the Traffic laws of the
host country (Tanzania).
- Ensure that the JHU vehicle
used is fully insured
and the cover is up
- Timely liaison with the supervisor to identify any major repairs
needed and get relevant clearance for major repair work to be undertaken.
- Responsible for accurate maintenance of the
vehicle log books, and timely reporting to
the supervisor on mechanical status, to ensure efficient vehicle use,
supporting accurate accounting and
cost-efficiency of fuel consumption, keeping track of the scheduled service time of the vehicle, in
order to make sure that servicing is timely performed.
- Keeping vehicle clean and in good condition all the time
- Ensure that before each journey the vehicle has
the required security and safety equipment
according to the list made and procedures to be followed, all required documents are valid and safely kept, up to
date tool kit, fire extinguisher, first aid kit, spare tyre.
- Prevent the carrying of any dubious cargo or non
JHU’s passenger which may bring JHU
into conflict with relevant authorities e.g., the smuggling/transport of
contraband items etc
- To ensure that all records for fuel use, car
service and maintenance are updated in office Log book and preserved
in good order at all times. To prepare and submit vehicle
monitoring report including records of vehicle operations, maintenance,
expenses, mileage at the end of each month.
- Follow established rules and regulations for
field deliveries and/or in cases of an accident, and report immediately to the supervisor on any apparent
problems, to seek for instructions and facilitate informative decisions on the way forward.
- Meet official personnel and visitors at the airport
or other entry points and provide basic
assistance with relevant formalities to facilitate smooth and safe entry
at arrival to the authorized destinations.
- To refuel the vehicle whenever
necessary or when the level gets below 1/2 of the tank capacity.
- Fully understand and adhere to all JHU security practices, procedures and protocols
- Ensure that the vehicle is used for official
business only and to resist attempts by any
party to use JHU vehicle
for personal or unofficial use.
- To ensure the safe parking
all the time.
- Adhere to
JHU vehicle policy all the time.
- Perform basic office related tasks such as
filing, photocopying and maintaining stores
when required including
delivery/collection of various
items, mailing service
and payment of office telephone
and other bills to facilitate administrative support
- Assist with office administrative support such
as photocopying, filling, binding of documents and any other official duties
as assigned by supervisor.
- Facilitate the incoming
and outgoing mails,
parcel, and couriers
- Perform other duties
as assigned by the
- Technical support
- Assist the program and admin teams in all field activities (photocopying, attendance taking, setting
up of equipment etc).
- Report to a head of teams on any faults which require immediate or long-term attention.
- Assist the client
by setting up equipment and conduct maintenance in all basic faults.
- Perform any other relevant field activity as assigned by supervisor/program official.
- At least a certificate of Secondary education
qualification (Form Four) with NIT Advanced
- Valid class “C’ driving license.
- At least 3 years’ experience (driving Tanzania environment)
- An experience of working within
similar capacity in International NGO will be an added
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Basic vehicle servicing and maintenance skills.
- Basic logistics knowledge
- Knowledge of the vehicle loading capacity and other parameters.
- Knowledge of safety standards and safety equipment (e.g. fire extinguishers, buoyant wearable safety devices, etc.).
- Basic skills to assist in case of emergency, knowledge of first aid basic methods.
- Knowledge and ability to use radio, email, telephone and other applications.
- Ability to assess vehicles for mechanical fitness and skills in minor vehicle repairs.
- Flexibility and willingness to work long. Personal commitment to working as reliable, honest, & trustworthy member of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and priorities work.
- Must be Committed to Safeguarding and Promoting the respectful communication and teamwork spirit.
- Demonstrated ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Language: Fluency in both English and Kiswahili languages.
- This position
may require up to 85% regional travel.
- All candidates are encouraged to submit e-mail applications to [email protected] with copies of current CV,
cover letter and three professional referees.
Please indicate the name of the position you are applying for in the subject
line of the email.
Deadline: 12:00pm EAT on December 18, 2022
Also you might also like: john hopkins tanzania jobs, johns hopkins tanzania, johns hopkins center for communications programs, john hopkins university tanzania, AJIRA » Nafasi za kazi CCP | Jobs in Tanzania | mabumbe 2022