Assistant Accountant-Intern Jobs At TechnoServe 2023
accounting internships 2023, internship in accounting and finance, do accounting interns get paid, technoserve internship, technoserve jobs,
Assistant Accountant-Intern Jobs At TechnoServe 2023
Are you looking for accounting internships 2023, internship in accounting and finance, do accounting interns get paid, technoserve internship, technoserve jobs, technoserve salaries
Everyone deserves the opportunity to build a better future. This simple idea has been at the heart of TechnoServe’s work around the world for over 50 years. TechnoServe is a pioneer in leveraging the power of business and markets to create sustainable pathways out of poverty.
The low-income communities in which we work are full of enterprising people. Their small-scale farms and businesses are the keys to economic development. But they face many challenges: low literacy, lack of access to jobs and markets, unpredictable political dynamics and, increasingly, the effects of climate change.
For many women and young people, the challenges are even more daunting. Working with TechnoServe staff, people around the world are lifting themselves out of poverty. The results are amazing...when incomes increase and living conditions for families get better, they are able to access health care and education previously out of reach. Communities and even whole countries are better off.
Title: Assistant Accountant-Intern
Reporting to: Senior Finance Specialist.
Location: Dar es Salaam
Duration: 3 months
Start date: February 2023
End Date: April 2023
We are looking for an ambitious Assistant Accountant-Intern to support our Finance department in managing daily accounting functions. The ideal candidate will be well-versed in accounting principles and able to work comfortably with numbers and attention to detail. The goal is to contribute to the overall efficient operation of the company and help the company be fully aware of its financial Position and Performance. This way it can make the right decisions and accomplish long term success.
- Maintain General Ledgers, cash books, debtors and creditor ledgers by Proper, Timely and accurate postings of all finance information to Company’s financial system.
- Work hand in hand with operations department to make sure field fixed asset register is updated on monthly basis
- Reconcile Bank statement with the cash book on Monthly basis.
- Receiving invoices, reconciliation of statements for suppliers and debtors on regular basis.
- Monitoring and reconciling accounts receivables and Payables, through preparing weekly vendor statements and insure cash from the credit customers are collected on time.
- Sort Physical documents and do filing in a proper series, by Insuring correct labeling of the files, to make retrieving files easier.
- Ensure that all processes and procurements adhere to corporate policy, legal and contractual obligations as per donor standards
- To insure proper tax compliance on contracts or business engaged with the suppliers and Customers.
- Make monthly statutory deductions and Payments on time.
- Maintains accounting controls by following policies and procedures, that complies with financial legal requirements
- Attending and liaise with auditors, i.e. working with auditors on auditing of Financial Statements.
- Attending any other work assigned by the supervisor
- Competency is a combination of knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs) directly related to successful performance on the job.
Core Competencies include:
- Integrity and honesty: Is widely trusted; seen as a direct, truthful individual; presents truthful information in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; does not misrepresent himself or herself for personal gain.
- Team Work/ Relationships: Works co-operatively and flexibly with other members of the team with a full understanding of the role to be played as a team member and/or leader, to achieve a common goal. Ability to build and maintain effective relationships and networks.
- Learning attitude: Proactively takes advantage of opportunities to learn. Actively identifies new areas for learning; applies and shares new knowledge and skill appropriately.
- Diversity/Inclusiveness: Demonstrates an understanding and appreciation for diversity and supports diversity efforts. Interacts effectively with and inclusively with people of all races, cultures, ethnicities, backgrounds, religions, ages, and genders.
- Communication: Expresses ideas effectively in individual and group situations. Listens effectively; shares information, ideas and arguments; adjusts terminology, language and communication modes to the needs of the audience; ensures accurate understanding; acts in a way that facilitates open exchange of ideas and information; uses appropriate non-verbal communication.
- Decision making/Problem Solving: Is able to analyze situations, diagnose problems, identify the key issues, establish and evaluate alternative courses of action and produce a logical, practical and acceptable solution. Is able to make effective decisions on a day-to-day basis, taking ownership of decisions, demonstrating sound judgement in escalating issues where necessary.
- Results Oriented/ High Quality Deliverables: Stays focused on the efforts necessary to achieve quality results consistent with programmatic or departmental goals. Demonstrates the ability to achieve effective results; works persistently to overcome obstacles to goal achievement. Accomplishes tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks.
- Planning & Time Management: Establishes a course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a specific goal. Effectively plans, schedules, prioritizes and controls activities; identifies, integrates and orchestrates resources (people, material, information, budget, and/or time) to accomplish goals. Prioritizes work according to the program or department’s goals, not just own job responsibilities; manages own time effectively.
- Business Acumen: The ability to use information, ask the right questions and take decisions that make an impact on the overall business performance.
- Advance Diploma or Degree in Accounting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills.
- Microsoft Office proficiency and accounting packages
- Team orientated and results focused
- Should have adequate experience on the relevant job requirement for at least 1 year.
- Should be a team player but with great ability to work under minimum supervision
- Should be a person with the highest integrity
- Problem solving skills are a must.
- Knowledge of office operations, procurements and logistics will be an advantage
- Good understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices
How to apply:
Make sure you download Application Instruction.pdf before Applying.