Driver Job openings at WHO January, 2023
Driver Job openings at WHO January, 2023
Are you looking for who jobs near dar es salaam, who jobs, world health organization jobs , world health organization jobs salary, who job application online, wfp careers, who jobs login
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device’s system settings.
Driver – (2300800)
Contractual Arrangement: Fixed-term appointment
Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days): two years
Job Posting: Jan 25, 2023, 5:51:30 PM
Closing Date: Feb 8, 2023, 1:59:00 AM
Primary Location: Tanzania, United Republic of-Kigoma
Organization: AF_TZA Tanzania
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
Country Management Support Units (CSUs) have been established in the organizational structure to provide support for Managers and staff to fully assume their responsibilities in the GSM environment and to ensure compliance with organizational policies, procedures, rules and regulations on all administrative and financial matters and transactions in the context of an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Under the direct supervision of the NPO/Operations Officer, the incumbent performs the following duties :-
- Drives office vehicles to provide transportation of authorized personnel and delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items;
- Meets official personnel at the airport and facilitates immigration and customs formalities as required;
- Responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle, checks oil, water, battery, brakes, tires, etc., performs minor repairs and arranges for other repairs, regular servicing and ensures hat the vehicle is kept clean ;
- Logs official trips, daily mileage, gas consumptions, oil changes, greasing, etc.; Ensures that the steps required by the rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accident;
- Performs other duties as required.
Essential: At least Junior Secondary School education and a valid driver’s licence of the country
Essential: At least one year driving experience as a driver and A safe driving record
Desirable: UN experience would be an advantage.
Knowledge of driving rules and regulations of the country and skills in minor vehicle repair; Ability to read, write and understand instructions in the working language and ability of writing a concise and faithful report of the accidents
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Producing results
- Knowing and managing yourself
Use of Language Skills
Essential: Expert knowledge of English.
WHO offers staff in the General Services category an attractive remuneration package, which for the above position includes an annual net base salary starting at 26,806 schillings (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position.
- WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- For information on WHO’s operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
WHO prides itself on a workforce that adheres to the highest ethical and professional standards and that is committed to put the WHO Values Charter into practice.
WHO has zero tolerance towards sexual exploitation and abuse (SEA), sexual harassment and other types of abusive conduct (i.e., discrimination, abuse of authority and harassment). All members of the WHO workforce have a role to play in promoting a safe and respectful workplace and should report to WHO any actual or suspected cases of SEA, sexual harassment and other types of abusive conduct. To ensure that individuals with a substantiated history of SEA, sexual harassment or other types of abusive conduct are not hired by the Organization, WHO will conduct a background verification of final candidates.
WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
This post is subject to local recruitment and will be filled by persons recruited in the local commuting area of the duty station.
Closing Date : Feb 8, 2023, 1:59:00 AM