New Jobs Opportunities at Anza Growth Fund 2023
anza growth program, anza guam careers, anza growth fund jobs, fund for africa jobs, www anza, agf workday
New Jobs Opportunities at Anza Growth Fund 2023
Are you looking for anza growth program, anza guam careers, anza growth fund jobs, fund for africa jobs, www anza, agf workday
The Anza Growth Fund (AGF) invests in a select group of companies that successfully advance through the above Anza programs. By investing in companies that have gone through Anza programs, the AGF is able to de-risk its investment and provide below-market interest rates and collateral obligations to investees. To date, the AGF’s investments have been structured as debt. Moving forward, the AGF is exploring making convertible notes and equity-style investments in graduating companies. Capital is critical to the growth of Tanzanian entrepreneurs, and the AGF seeks to fill this gap in the ecosystem.
We are seeking a talented individual to join the AGF team to help strengthen Fund operations and support the local investment team. This would be a 12-month “fellowship”, based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. This person will play an integral support role to the AGF team towards implementing systems that will enable the AGF to deploy increasingly meaningful capital amounts to Anza’s target entrepreneurs.
General Duties will include:
- Support in the development and implementation of the AGF’s long-term strategy, budget, and operating plan.
- Contribute to a refinement of the AGF’s due diligence processes to ensure investment decisions are sound, defensible, and aligned with the interests of investees.
- Aid in the implementation of key fund management processes, policies, and technology to ensure timely compliance with local regulations, reporting requirements, and fiduciary responsibilities to the AGF partners.
- Assist in better preparing the AGF team and systems to successfully engage and complete the due diligence processes of prospective investors/donors into the Fund.
- Support the local investment team in the development, communication, and engagement with the Fund’s Investment Committee.
- Contribute to the selection and due diligence of prospective investees who are participating in Anza’s accelerator programs and provide constructive feedback to the accelerator team so they can better support Anza’s clients.
- Provide mentorship and contribute to the professional development of the full-time AGF team.
- Participate in and facilitate discussions with potential capital providers.
- Supporting the recruitment and onboarding of a new AGF fellow as this “term” ends.
Qualifications and Experience
- We are seeking candidates with the below qualifications:
- Strong financial foundation and comfort with financial modeling and understanding of unit economics and other core drivers of a business's financial growth.
- ~3+ years of experience in Accounting, Banking, Investing (Venture Capital, PE, Lending, etc.), Management Consulting, or similar.
- Exposure to or experience in fund management settings, with at least a high-level knowledge of key considerations and core competencies.
- Team player who works and communicates well with others, regardless of their background.
- Passion for enabling the growth of entrepreneurs and alignment with Anza’s overall mission.
- Solutions-oriented, self-starter, who is comfortable working in ambiguous and resource-constrained environments.
- Ability to communicate effectively in written and spoken English.
The following criteria are desirable, but not requirements for the role:
- Past work experience in Tanzania, Africa, or other emerging markets.
- Exposure to the SMB/startup finance space in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Anza and the AGF value candidates with diverse backgrounds and experiences, so if you do not check all these boxes but think you are a good candidate for the role, we encourage you to apply.
Logistics & Other Details
Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Term of Fellowship: 9 - 12 months with opportunities to renew pending compliance with regulations in Tanzania.
Compensation: As Anza is a non-profit, mission-driven organization, this is a voluntary role. Anza will arrange for and cover the costs of accommodation and will provide a monthly stipend to cover your day-to-day living expenses.
Support from Anza & the AGF: Anza has extensive experience welcoming international professionals to the organization, and country. You will be provided with onboarding materials and health and safety information in advance of your arrival. Anza will ensure your Visa/work permit requirements are taken care of and the related costs are covered.
Working with Anza is a unique and rewarding professional and personal experience, one that brings significant learning and growth. Past alumni have gone to pursue exciting, professional opportunities in attractive fields that were often not on their radar before their time at Anza.